Some help needed fast

KRK Rokit5 monitors: I’m going to view some secondhand ones a 7pm… what do you think guys? worth it for £160?

Concern is Freq Response: 53Hz - 20kHz (+/- 2 db) - not to good on the low end right? bass drums around around 40 - 80 hz at the low end right?

Are they new or used? Is it for the pair?

If it is new and for the pair, then yes. If they are used, no.

£160 for a pair, they are used, 1 year old…

[quote]howiegroove (26/07/2010)[hr]Are they new or used? Is it for the pair?

If it is new and for the pair, then yes. If they are used, no.[/quote]

Why no if there are used mate? Surely if they’ve been kept well it a good buy? There about £250 a pair new???

I wouldn’t not if there 1 year old.

I bought some KRK ROKIT5’s the other week from Chemical-Records and they were brand new for the pair 230:00 INC VAT (just checked now and the price has gone up slightly.

If you have the extra dosh, i would buy them new…

[quote]HOUSEJAK (26/07/2010)[hr]I wouldn’t not if there 1 year old.

I bought some KRK ROKIT5’s the other week from Chemical-Records and they were brand new for the pair 230:00 INC VAT (just checked now and the price has gone up slightly.

History of Chemical-Records.co.uk - Relocate

Whats the concern about the age thing? Is it the price point? Maybe if I haggle him down to less?

Well… A concern that I would have about the age thing is that they are not the age that they are supposed to be.

Easy to say - Only been used a couple of times & put back in box… only a year old… Lady driver etc…

Ask if they have a receipt? Make a judgement call… so many bargains to be had out there @ moment.

If he says no receipt - theres your bargaining… see if you can get him down another 50. Just make sure they’re not fkd up sounding & scratched.

You dont need to have them forever @ that price & can sell them on for pretty much the same down the road…

[quote]ICN (26/07/2010)[hr]Well… A concern that I would have about the age thing is that they are not the age that they are supposed to be.

Easy to say - Only been used a couple of times & put back in box… only a year old… Lady driver etc…

Ask if they have a receipt? Make a judgement call… so many bargains to be had out there @ moment.

If he says no receipt - theres your bargaining… see if you can get him down another 50. Just make sure they’re not fkd up sounding & scratched.

You dont need to have them forever @ that price & can sell them on for pretty much the same down the road…[/quote]

[quote]gofunk (26/07/2010)[hr][quote]HOUSEJAK (26/07/2010)[hr]I wouldn’t not if there 1 year old.

History of Chemical-Records.co.uk - Relocate

Whats the concern about the age thing? Is it the price point? Maybe if I haggle him down to less?[/quote]

Like ICN says see if he has a receipt if not, deffo use that as a bargaining tool.

How far away from him do you live? Perhaps if your not THAT far it maybe worth while going and listening to them before you purchase.

There is nothing worse than buying something second hand, all exciting receiving them and then there **** sound quality.

IMO I think spend the extra 70 quid for the peace of mind and the guarantee

Spend the extra cash dude.

When you buy speakers, the person that originally owned could have mistreated them and you would never know. A speaker is one of those products that has a life based off of how someone treats it. You can do anything to a midi controller and it will pretty much be the same thing… see what I mean? Im just saying that a speaker…any speaker… should never be bought used.

guy lived just around the coner so went and had a good old listen and got him down to £130. he seemed like a good guy. We agreed a week to try them out and if I’m not happy he’ll take them back. in wiriting and everything, he seems like a good guy tho.

setting them up now :smiley:

[quote]howiegroove (26/07/2010)[hr]Spend the extra cash dude.

When you buy speakers, the person that originally owned could have mistreated them and you would never know. A speaker is one of those products that has a life based off of how someone treats it. You can do anything to a midi controller and it will pretty much be the same thing… see what I mean? Im just saying that a speaker…any speaker… should never be bought used.[/quote]

never read that till I got them! they are in excellent condition too so hopefully all good

Wow a weeks trial - that unheard off - hope it works out mate

[quote]howiegroove (26/07/2010)[hr]Spend the extra cash dude.

When you buy speakers, the person that originally owned could have mistreated them and you would never know. A speaker is one of those products that has a life based off of how someone treats it. You can do anything to a midi controller and it will pretty much be the same thing… see what I mean? Im just saying that a speaker…any speaker… should never be bought used.[/quote]

Nice action! Jeez, didn’t realise he lived so close thou lol thats can only be a good thing thou.

Good work getting him down on price too.

love my Rokit 5’s. thought they lacked guts in the shop but the bass is solid as in my house.

Don’t thin KRK go wrong that much and if they do you can get just about everything for them at Thomas.de (i think)

he also had theses [url=http://www.inta-audio.com/studio-equipment-c1/acoustic-treatment-c2/mopads-xpanders-c7/auralex-auralex-mopads-free-delivery-p82]http://www.inta-audio.com/studio-equipment-c1/acoustic-treatment-c2/mopads-xpanders-c7/auralex-auralex-mopads-free-delivery-p82[/url] Studio Monitor Sound Absorbers thing… think they may be worth a buy??

[quote]gofunk (26/07/2010)[hr]he also had theses [url=http://www.inta-audio.com/studio-equipment-c1/acoustic-treatment-c2/mopads-xpanders-c7/auralex-auralex-mopads-free-delivery-p82]http://www.inta-audio.com/studio-equipment-c1/acoustic-treatment-c2/mopads-xpanders-c7/auralex-auralex-mopads-free-delivery-p82[/url] Studio Monitor Sound Absorbers thing… think they may be worth a buy??[/quote]

I bought some of those with my ROKITS - Worth it! :slight_smile: Tell him to chuck them in for free lol :smiley:

[quote]gofunk (26/07/2010)[hr]guy lived just around the coner so went and had a good old listen and got him down to £130. he seemed like a good guy. We agreed a week to try them out and if I’m not happy he’ll take them back. in wiriting and everything, he seems like a good guy tho.

setting them up now :D[/quote]

Fair play! :smiley:

Enjoy Wayne!

Love them already! what a differents from the hifi speakers I was useing! Good buy me thinks. Thanks for the help :D:D