Something must be wrong with me

[quote]Salvation (21/08/2011)[hr][quote]dom_moulton (20/08/2011)[hr][quote]Salvation (20/08/2011)[hr][quote]dom_moulton (20/08/2011)[hr][quote]Salvation (20/08/2011)[hr][quote]dom_moulton (20/08/2011)[hr]I’ve noticed a lot of tracks these days without hats. Chocolate Puma for example dont seem to rely on them. Maybe you should avoid using the high hats and instead use low ones? just a thought?[/quote]

! Maybe its the high tones that bother me that most ! but lowend hi-hats would sound nice with a shaker .[/quote]

Um. I was joking Salvation. As far as I know there is no such thing as a low hat but i’m all ears if something like that exists.[/quote]

turning down the tonal frequencies with 2 octave drop on the hi-hats .[/quote]

Is this a valid technique? shifting a high hat down by 2 octaves? I’ll have a go and see what happens… never considered this before. And is this then known as a low hat?[/quote]

I was in a rush yeah not octaves but messing with the pitch .[/quote]

It’s ok… don’t panic, you made a mistake… happens to us all :wink:

high hats just suck out lots of high end. its all about EQ + compression. with a touch of verb.

[quote]UnitedVision (21/08/2011)[hr]high hats just suck out lots of high end. its all about EQ + compression. with a touch of verb.[/quote]

Yeah even with EQ Pitch and Reverb still hate the way they sound . Just my digital signature when I write .