Sonic 1st Birthday Competition Winners Announced!

Having launched SonicAcademy.com in 2008, we have been celebrating our 1st birthday this August and as part of the celebrations we have been running a massive competition for all members new and old, giving one lucky person the opportunity to win:

1. An annual subscription to Sonic Academy
  2. A copy of Ableton Live 8
  3. £50 voucher for DJDownload.com
  4. A collection of Loopmasters ‘Artist Series’ DVD’S (6 DVD’s!)
  5. Vestax professional product (either a midi controller / DJ mixer depending on whether you are a DJ or producer!)

…PLUS 10 runner-up annual subscriptions to Sonic Academy!

All you had to do to be in with a chance of winning was to register for FREE on the Sonic Academy site before 31st August 2009 and if you were already a registered member or a subscriber then you were automatically entered into the competition.

The 11 Lucky winners have been drawn and their names are as follows…

Main Prize Winner

costa093

Runner Up Prize Winners

urbanfabric

amitkom

exander

franc0

djultimate

vlapopa

tommianderson

blackhaj

angelaaa

feelthetrip

Congratulations to everyone that won a prize and if you missed this time dont worry, as there will plenty more competitions and many more chances to win!

who??? :stuck_out_tongue: :crying:

congratulations !!! to all . at least the winner is some one that has posted in the past on the forum.

I’m with Jon on this one.

I was seriously hoping some of the Sonic faithful would be found on that list.

But a random drawing is a random drawing I guess.

:ermm:

Grats to everyone who won.

Well I’m speechless right the way through cause I never expected this… I’ve never won anything in my life ! :w00t::stuck_out_tongue:

Grats to everyone else who won as well.

it was all done fair and square as much as we appreciate the input and banter from all our regular users

we’re SA, not the frickin BBC! lol

kev

[quote]kevjtraynor (9/3/2009)[hr]it was all done fair and square as much as we appreciate the input and banter from all our regular users

kev[/quote]

Sorry Kev,

About half way there… any news on the £50 voucher and Vestax midi controller as I’m still waiting?

Sorry to post it on the forum but I can’t seem to contact Bryan on his email.

Been having a few issues with my Hotmail, so I’m asking here in case it’s a problem on my end - as he usually replies straight away.

Thanks Again

Cos :slight_smile:

Sorry guys,

Just to let you know the MIDI controller arrived today so ignore my last message.

Time to have some fun!

Thanks Again :slight_smile:

[quote]kevjtraynor (9/3/2009)[hr]it was all done fair and square as much as we appreciate the input and banter from all our regular users

kev[/quote]

Well Kev you can’t blame the conspirasists amongst us.

I mean apart from costa (well done m8)

all the other winners have 0 posts in total amongst them all *

amitkom 0 posts

urbanfabric * 2 posts

exander 0 posts

franc0 * 2 posts

djultimate 0 posts

tommianderson 0 posts

blackhaj 0 posts

angelaaa 0 posts

feelthetrip 0 posts

To my mind and it may sound like bitter grapes but none of the regular contributors

who have helped keep this site afloat (in quiet times) with words of advice and fun won. That’s hardly a fair imo.

Perhaps the competition itself was badly flawed?

I only say this because i notice that non subscribers who never contributed were entered into the comp and won …to me that sux a lot but there you go.!!!

Anyway congratulations to the winners I haven’t got any beef with you.

Perhaps in future you’ll all contribute a tad to the forum in and out hey?

:cool:

[quote]krome (10/23/2009)[hr][quote]kevjtraynor (9/3/2009)[hr]it was all done fair and square as much as we appreciate the input and banter from all our regular users

kev[/quote]

Well Kev you can’t blame the conspirasists amongst us.

I mean apart from costa (well done m8)

all the other winners have 0 posts in total amongst them all *

amitkom 0 posts

urbanfabric * 2 posts

exander 0 posts

franc0 * 2 posts

djultimate 0 posts

tommianderson 0 posts

blackhaj 0 posts

angelaaa 0 posts

feelthetrip 0 posts

To my mind and it may sound like bitter grapes but none of the regular contributors

who have helped keep this site afloat (in quiet times) with words of advice and fun won. That’s hardly a fair imo.

Perhaps the competition itself was badly flawed?

I only say this because i notice that non subscribers who never contributed were entered into the comp and won …to me that sux a lot but there you go.!!!

Anyway congratulations to the winners I haven’t got any beef with you.

Perhaps in future you’ll all contribute a tad to the forum in and out hey?

:cool:

[/quote]

Cheers Krome. Reminds me actually, I have to get back on the forums soon. Sorry about the lack of posting recently, between work and getting down to business with this controller has been taking up a bit of my time. I’ll be back soon though hopefully with some production work to post as well… :slight_smile:

Costa, well played to you m8. It was great to see a known subscriber win.!!!

I hope I am not coming across as having a pop about lack of forum posting …that wasn’t my intent.

There’s lots of reasons why people don’t post here in the forums I am sure, Besides It really aint none of my business.

On reflection I suppose the real reason I reacted the way i did was coz I was under the impression that the comp was for subscribers. In another thread I even congratulated the winners. However it would appear that any man and their dog (possibly under multiple i’ds) who joined this forum somehow ended up in the draw.

Perhaps if subscribers were double entered to offset things it wouldn’t have been such a bitter pill to swallow.

As strange as it seems I am not too pissed off I didn’t win either. lol

Man I sure do sound bitter about it :smiley:

Hi Krome, no not at all…

I’m slowly getting back to posting anyway lol. I’ve just been granted internet access in my office at work so whenever I have free time I’ll be in the forums. :wink:

i’m not even going to get into a conversation about whether this was fair or not. it would be the easy thing to do to rig the competition so that regular posters/subscribers won - but why would we do that?

this web site has been running for 18 months and sonic academy our business in belfast for 6 years with a level of integrity and honesty that stands up to any level of scrutiny.

purchasing a subscription entitles you to access some of the best value video tutorials around, and access to one of the best music tech related forums going - it doesn’t entitle you to cal us liars or suggest that we have been underhand in any way

Yeah I’m with SA - if it’s not random it’s not a fair comp! Besides, what better way to convince the non posters to start posting!

Calm down kev, I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick mate. I / we all know it’s fair.

[quote]kevjtraynor (10/28/2009)[hr]i’m not even going to get into a conversation about whether this was fair or not. it would be the easy thing to do to rig the competition so that regular posters/subscribers won - but why would we do that? [/quote]

Why shouldn’t subscribers win?

Would you rather someone who stumbled upon this site after downloading the SA videos from some random torrent site win? That doesn’t sound very well thought out to me.

So we get a situation (a possible scenerio) where someone who contributes sweet fa to this site not only having hard copies of SA videos on their drive (unlike subscribers who have to stream them) also find themselves entered into a comp with at least as much chance as winning as a subscriber.

if you can’t see that as being unfair I give up.!!!

[quote]this web site has been running for 18 months and sonic academy our business in belfast for 6 years with a level of integrity and honesty that stands up to any level of scrutiny.

purchasing a subscription entitles you to access some of the best value video tutorials around, and access to one of the best music tech related forums going - it doesn’t entitle you to cal us liars or suggest that we have been underhand in any way

[/quote]

I didn’t call you or anyone a liar or call into question the integrity of the comp or the winners.

what’s this all about? are any of you guys honestly that bothered that you didn’t win? that’s sooo wrong lol why would you bother about something you never had in the first place, its not like sonic Academy takes something out of your pocket when you don’t win lol.

i play the lottery every week but i don’t kick off at those guys when they don’t pick my F@&Kin numbers.

you pay for your subscription for the videos and and the forum, hopefully learn something along the way, not to get a free studio (that’s just a great bonus). come on guys we should all just let this go and not comment on the next competition.

Before you all say about my comment, i know what i said and if you know me then you’ll know it was said tongue in cheek, i am really sorry that it seems to had the wrong start to what should only really be a congratulations thread.

anyway in the future the only comments i will give will be to congratulate the winner.

Sonic Academy have given me more that any prize ever could