**Sonic Academy ANA Synth**

We are getting closer to the release our new synth. so I thought i should give you some info and answer any questions you might have.

The Synth is Called ANA (Analog, Noise, Attack) In reference to the 3 OSC types

Osscilators

OSC 1&2 (Analog) are 8 voice Analog style Oscs with Detune. There are also some Digital sounding waveforms for more complex possibility.

OSC 3 (Noise) is a sample based noise OSC that has various harmonicly rich and noisey samples from Ultra detuned megasaws to Granular Voice sounds. Great for adding complex harmonics and overtones to OSC 1 & @

OSC 4 (attack) This osc is a collection of short attack samples to give your sounds bite. There are attacks from real instruments like Bass Guitars, Pianos etc… this is great for adding something extra to the attack of your sounds… especially useful for Basses and Plucked sounds.

Filters

There are 13 Different Filters

2 Pole LP- This is a basic 2 pole Lowpass filter - sounds quite plasticity and Squelchy with a high resonance.

4 Pole LP - 4 pole version of Above

2 Pole LP Saturated - Similar to above but has added saturation… great for squelch acid sounds

2 Pole LP Vintage, 2 Pole HP Vintage, 2 Pole Vintage BP, 4 Pole Vintage LP, 4 Pole Vintage HP, 4 Pole Vintage BP.

A more refined harmonic filter with lots of depth and richness - true analog sound very pleasing on the ear in all its variations.

Formant A-I, A-U, A-E, A-O - Talking formant filters great for get talking wobble basses and adding a different dimension.

Other Features:

G-ENV - Graphical envelope - Draw in Envelope curves to create limitless modulation possibilities.

FX - Reverb, Delay (host Sync), Phaser, Chorus, Compressor (with Bass Boost) Distoprtion (Amp sim & Cab Modeling, Exciter, Decimator,Clip Distortion).

Chord Hold - Assign up to 5 notes to play as a chord. Great for stabs or adding multiple octaves for massive sounds.

Release Date:

We are working on the last few niggles and hope to release in the next few weeks

Price:

TBC (Our goal was always to make a fully featured synth that would cost less than £50 for Subscribers… thats still on target)

Demos:

Soundclouds bit rate really Kills the sound… will get some better quality ones up soon.

Sonic Academy ANA Demos by Philterino

Please make ANA the default Synth for new tutorials and provide some Sound Design tutorials as well.

From an educational point of view the important thing will not be that ANA is going to provide every conceivable feature. Or that it will sound better than anything else on the market (this is purely subjective anyways). What will help people a lot more is that there will be a Synth people reeally do understand and can put to use to create their own sounds instead of just having to use presets most of the time.

Cheers,

Andreas

Thats exactly the idea behind it… its a balance between features, ease of use & Value for money.

Absolutely the best thing for myself and others I’m sure would be in depth tutorials on how to create your own sounds. To be honest, I mainly use pre-sets or just copy exactly what you are doing in a tut because I haven’t got a clue on how to use it. I’d love to be able to make my own sounds geared towards deep and tech house. This would definately make me want to buy it. It’s one thing I’m really hoping to improve on next. I’m sick of trying to find sounds I like rather than just make exactly what I want to hear.

(That’s not to say some nice pre-sets wouldn’t be nice as well!!)

Im definately gonna buy it, looks and sounds cool and I wanna support SA.

You should send a copy to some music mags, a good review there and you could make a bit of money. Its a double edged sword tho, a bad review and it could be a disaster.

Yeah we will do… im pretty confident it would get a decent review.

Yea looks like a nice GUI, so if it sounds solid it should get good reviews. I cant remembet what yhe reviews were like for Sylenth when it first came out.

Im excited, looking forward to this when its released and the bonus will be the online help from SA quicker than some other plugin software out there :wink:

Interesting… I hope we get a good discount though as gold members. I’ve just forked out on a new Mac Book pro and Sylenth to follow the tutorials!

looks awesome guys, cant wait to hear it :slight_smile:

Looking forward to check it out, in my opinion the sylenth is to complex for beginners, i dont use it much outside the tutorials, i prefer less complex synth vst’s.:slight_smile:

hey Phil are you guys going to be making a decent preset library to go with the synth, I think that is one really good thing about sylenth it comes with so many presets, which makes it so fast to work with because you find a preset that is heading towards the sound your after then tweak it and in no time, I think it really helps you keep things moving along in a track

[quote]nathan_robinson13 (17/01/2012)[hr]hey Phil are you guys going to be making a decent preset library to go with the synth, I think that is one really good thing about sylenth it comes with so many presets, which makes it so fast to work with because you find a preset that is heading towards the sound your after then tweak it and in no time, I think it really helps you keep things moving along in a track[/quote]

there will be a nice big preset library to choose from :slight_smile:

with plans to release add on libraries further down the line

From the samples I have heard and knowing that there is going to be a good preset library you can count me in definitely worth supporting you guys at SA :slight_smile:

the dubstep track sounded like skrillex breakin a sweat

i was going to buy sylenth1 but now i might hold off on it and purchase this.

Group buy? People are recovering from the holidays now. Seems like a good time to stir up the Gearsluts/KVR nest.