Sonic academy is it going to be worth renewing my subscription?

Can anyone at SA give me a heads up on what you have planned over the 15months?

The reason I ask this is that I have just paid for my 10 month so I am coming to the end of my subscription with you guys was wondering if it is going to be worth me renewing it!

I like to know about these free subscribers sample packs and when we are going to get them. Also you guys owe me two discount codes so would like to know when I am going to get them(as I take it I will be able to use both of them like you can on other sites). Are we going to have this sylenth group buy or not? Where are our discounts for soundcloud? Are we ever going to get a HTSL hard house? Would it also be possible to get a HTSL Hard Trance ie Guyver or Technikal? Is there a tutorial on Synthesis coming up?

These are some of things I can think of at the moment that I would lke to know as so far the only video that has been any use to me is the dummy clip in ableton one as that helped me out with a live set the other month.

:cool:

1. Sample packs - The deals are done we a have a few companys on board we are waiting on the development work to be done.

2. Promo codes are still in development and will be completed soon is the best i can do… weve been pushed back a number of times with technical issues so i dont want to give any false promises but they are very close to completion.

3. Sylenth group buy - We have contacted lennard many times the first few times we worked out a deal to give all yearly subscribers promo code discounts. We’ve tried contacting him many times since with no response… did he go travelling the world? who knows? try contacting him directly.

4. Sound Cloud discount - this is included in the sample packs development and will be available soon… as in the next 2-3 weeks

5. Synthesis will be coming in about 6-8 weeks

Im amazed you didnt find the reverb or compression tutorials in anyway useful as I learnt loads putting them together. my tunes all sound much better now with my improved knowledge of these processes.

Nice one Phil that has cleared up a few things, not to keen on how you missed two of my questions though!..lol

I think the reverb and compression could of been very helpfull if I had not been in college from september till june doing a music course what did cover them them a fair bit, now a detailed indepth eq’ing tutorial would be great for me as I missed that week in college as went on a two week bender after one of the atomik weekenders!:wink:

Some very valid questions there Bone and well responded Phil thanks for keeping us in the picture

i renewed a couple of weeks ago purely on whats already here :slight_smile:

5. Synthesis will be coming in about 6-8 weeks - wooo hooo!! I like

i still thinks this is the best deal for music production anywhere i have seen.

i know youve been asking for a hard house tut for awhile, and it never had the votes to bring it to fruition but still would enjoy a htsl hard house or hard trance maybe bk style.

yeah, my tutor from college a few years ago is going to give me private classes in synthesis for… wait for it… £30 bucks an hour… maybe I’ll cancel and wait 6 - 8 weeks!

Tommy it’s one of them things I want so going to keep asking for as want to inprove my own hard house production and think SA could help me do that.:cool:

But I would not class BK as hard house any more as the stuff he is making is more tech dance, plus after that awful remix of Are You Ready I do NOT want to be sounding like that!

If there is going to be a hard house one it would have to be Dom Sweeten as he is the best engineer/producer in the genre by miles!

Hard Trance woud have to be Guyver or Technikal as they would bring more members to the site plus there prodution is spot on.

This the sort of thing your after?

Phil something like that would be good but would prefer something like one of these under his Defective Audio name if I am honest with you!:slight_smile:

Also I know Dom doesn’t use or even have sylenth, think things are mainly done on a nord, virus, or using predator, blue, massive.:cool:

[quote]boneidol (28/07/2010)[hr]Phil something like that would be good but would prefer something like one of these under his Defective Audio name if I am honest with you!:slight_smile:

Also I know Dom doesn’t use or even have sylenth, think things are mainly done on a nord, virus, or using predator, blue, massive.:cool:[/quote]

just need a really angry dude on the drum machine, a fast 16th repeated pattern bassline and a cat.

the technique for the cat is to grab it with one hand by the neck and the tail with the other hand and stretch as far as you can, this should produce the weeeaaaaooow sorta sound.

also grabbing the cat by the tail and swinging gives great results.

Tryed it Jon and it didnt work all I got was reported to the RSPCA who sent me to count and I ended up on tag for 6 months!

[quote]boneidol (28/07/2010)[hr]Tryed it Jon and it didnt work all I got was reported to the RSPCA who sent me to count and I ended up on tag for 6 months!

:cool:[/quote]

hehe was only joking mate, you have my full support this time round, its about time the minority got their hardhouse tutorial. i wouldn’t mind those tutorials at all.

Nice1 Jon :slight_smile:

So Phil, what sort of time would I be looking at?

do you guys have a favorite hard house mix? mine will always be the lisa lashes pure euphoria #1. Takes me back to the days of pill popping and head bopping

Tommy I think when it comes to hard house mixes now only seem to listen to my own, that way I know all the tracks on there I will like!:cool:

Bump for Phil just incase he forgot about this topic!

I aint forgot… it just takes me a bit longer studying this stuff as Its different to what i normally listen to… There are also a massive range of sub genres and styles that im trying to figure out.

I guess its really trying to understand the essence so i can give useful tips as opposed to just sounding like one narrow style.

Phil thats great news, just keep listening to Dom’s stuff and you will be onto a winner. :smiley:

The only other person that comes near to Dom in my eyes is Dave Owens but after spending the day in his studio having a production lession with him even he was saying he wished he could sound as good as Dom! (and that did shock me)