Sonic Academy Music Blog v1.0 NOW LIVE!

Ok, so here it is, our very own music blog.

1.Why?

The idea is to promote SA community productions and the music we dig!

This is version 1.0 of the blog, so it’s nothing fancy. I’ve build it on posterous for connivance, to make it easy to join and post.

Once we have some content, etc we can either setup our own self-hosted blog or bring it under SA (if Phil lets us of course)

Ok, so for now the address is: [url=http://sonicacademymusic.posterous.com/]http://sonicacademymusic.posterous.com/[/url]

The name and address can be changed if we decide to do so.

2. How?

Ok so to post all you need to do is go to the blog and click ‘Subscribe’ in the top right hand corner.

From there you have two options, just enter your email and you’re done or setup an account (its free).

If you chose second option, your name will be listed in ‘Contributors’ section of the blog and all the posts from you will be tagged with your name. I recommend that you go for option 2.

3. More how…?

Once you’ve setup up, you need to wait for me to change your status from subscriber to contributor, and you will get an email confirming that. (but I have to do it manually so give me some time)

SORTED

now you can blog, all you have to do is email your post at

post@sonicacademymusic.posterous.com

Just insert your text/images in to the body of the msg and your tittle in to the subject line :slight_smile: easy

Press send and you’re done!

However, make sure to use the email address you’ve registered with, otherwise it won’t work!

3. What about music?

To post your soundcloud player just insert the embed code generated on soudcloud in to the email.

You can also post youtube videos, and that’s even easier just copy and past youtube url in to the msg

And that’s that, if you want to tag your post, with for example “house” just insert ((tag: house)) in to the subject line, for example: “My amazing new production ((tag: house))”

savvy?

All the people that’ve emailed me before regarding the blog will be set as contributors straight away. But if you would like to join us, than please Private Msg me your email address on here so I know who you are!

:exclamation: Please do not post unfinished tracks or any offensive content :slight_smile:

Let me know what you all think!

like the sounds of this :slight_smile:

woohoo!

I didnt this was this as still on the cards!

Cooolio

so am I all set up?

I’ll start today?

Can I post things like my podcast as well?

Sean, is there anyway I could like the post ther on my webpage? ie I could have a tab say SA Music which would list the blog posts??

[quote]gofunk (14/12/2010)[hr]Sean, is there anyway I could like the post ther on my webpage? ie I could have a tab say SA Music which would list the blog posts??[/quote]

Podcasts are cool, any music related content is cool, if you want to write an essay, write an essay :slight_smile: but I’ve just got up and not quite sure what do you mean…lol I can link back to your site and you can also include a link back with standard HTML in the posts.

So for example if you were to post your podcast and include a link to the sign up form, than that’s fine :slight_smile: or link back to your site

Hey dude,

Looking great so far, hopefully Phil will be cool to having this intrigate with SA in some way.

Anyways could you possibly take the ‘dj’ out of the title link under ‘members sites’?

The only reason i have ‘dj’ in my website is because roben.com was taken lol, think it’s really naff otherwise. Muchos gracias amigo! :slight_smile:

Yeah I had the same problem, bangthe.com was already gone :wink:

[quote]Roben (14/12/2010)[hr]Hey dude,

Looking great so far, hopefully Phil will be cool to having this intrigate with SA in some way.

Anyways could you possibly take the ‘dj’ out of the title link under ‘members sites’?

The only reason i have ‘dj’ in my website is because roben.com was taken lol, think it’s really naff otherwise. Muchos gracias amigo! :)[/quote]

done

[quote]bangthedj (14/12/2010)[hr]Yeah I had the same problem, bangthe.com was already gone ;)[/quote]

lol

[quote]bangthedj (14/12/2010)[hr]Yeah I had the same problem, bangthe.com was already gone ;)[/quote]

also for people that already have good blogs (wink, wink) you could post an excerpt from the article on your site and link back to it

[quote]seanl (14/12/2010)[hr][quote]bangthedj (14/12/2010)[hr]Yeah I had the same problem, bangthe.com was already gone ;)[/quote]

also for people that already have good blogs (wink, wink) you could post an excerpt from the article on your site and link back to it[/quote]

Already plan on doing so

good idea

James, could you link to my blog as well as this one#??

ok just did a test post with Roben’s new track (hope you don’t mind), check it out on site!

Just a quick note:

When posting html, so Beatport or soundcloud players ‘embed code’ make sure you send your email as ‘plain text’ on Mac is under Format>Make plain text and it should be similar under windows

Thanks Sean :smiley:

[quote]gofunk (14/12/2010)[hr][quote]seanl (14/12/2010)[hr][quote]bangthedj (14/12/2010)[hr]Yeah I had the same problem, bangthe.com was already gone ;)[/quote]

also for people that already have good blogs (wink, wink) you could post an excerpt from the article on your site and link back to it[/quote]

Already plan on doing so

good idea

James, could you link to my blog as well as this one#??[/quote]

Doing some site updates tomorrow, so will see what I can do. I don’t have a links section as such, but am sure I can add something.

Hey! Hey! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice action Sean, good to see you got things started on it.

Can I just say… When I first went on there, I didn’t actually think I would like the template but seriously… its fits really well! Will look great when you start filling it with more content.

I have never used the platform that your using - is it any good? Does it allow you to add widgets etc?

P.S. I have just added a link from my site http://www.housejak.com back to your blog. I’ll do a post about it tomorrow too drum up some visitors

coolio :slight_smile: