Sonic Feature - Cubase 10 First Look with Protoculture / 650

Cubase 10 First Look with Protoculture

View Course

Sonic Academy welcomes Cubase guru Protoculture as he checks out some of the new features in Steinberg’s latest release of Cubase 10.

New Features Include:

• VariAudio 3 - Ultimate control of your audio, with more creative tools and Smart Controls to speed workflow.
  • MixConsole Snapshots - Instantly recall different project mixes and settings to quickly compare mixes and add mix notes.
  • Audio Alignment - Stack and match recordings quickly, easily synchronising them to a reference track.
  • New channel strip - Redesigned Channel Strip offers better metering and functionality.
  • Easy side-chaining - Quickly and easily set up side-chaining to make space in mixes or create distinctive effects.
  • Groove Agent SE 5 - A new user interface and many improvements to the best drum production tool.
  • 5 GB of high-quality sounds and loops - From six highly acclaimed producers.
  • AAF support - Lets you exchange multimedia data with all the most commonly used applications.
  • Distroyer - Adds everything from subtle analog warmth to searing heat for mixes and individual instruments.
  • Latency Monitor - Lets you quickly and easily know exactly where — and how much — latency is occurring.
  • Steinberg Virtual Reality - VR production suite adds a suite of professional yet intuitive virtual reality audio production tools.

There’s a host of other new features too which we’ll no doubt be delving into more with up and coming tutorials and tech tips but in this First Look we get a quick lowdown of some of Protoculture’s favourites!

Enjoy!

Thanks you Nate! Yeah, I’m really pleased with v10. Now we just need to get rid of the dongle!

Oh yes, I forgot. The right click tool bar ( I have mine set like yours where it shows a list of functions) has changed. I think it’s adaptable depending on what kind of track your working on. Kind of annoying. I miss the old one. Also, I use to hold alt and click on the far bottom left corner of a track to color it. That’s gone too! I think you can now right click on a clip and color the track. I do like the new color bar though.

This is the best Cubase!

Thank you Protoculture / Sonic Academy for this insightful good video! Wonderful Cubase update, especially I like the recall function! I like this uncomplicated, quick overview! Thanks!

I’m a Cubase User since Version 5 ,but this new Cubase Version is almost the Best one in all the last Years !!! Of Course there is also a lot of new Stuff and some Features where i not realy work with ,but the e.g the new drag and drop Function from the right Zone is just a Lifetime saver and all goes so much quicker now… but also the new Mixer Snapshot Feature Just wow . I’m really Excided whats going on still on the upcoming 10.5 Version next Year .

I’ve always just used the color menu in the top bar… there’s a new shortcut now (shift+alt/command+c) which will bring up the new coloraturas menu. Select a part, then you colour and you’re golden.

Thanks for the insightful overview Nate! I was admittedly pretty underwhelmed by the press release notes for v10 (as it applies to electronic music I guess), but after watching your video I can see the workflow improvements with sidechaining, track latency readouts, and the improvements to VariAudio being handy. Must have skimmed over the reality of some of those details in the features list/overview video from Steinberg.

Yep, was a little underwhelming but then again that usually excites me as it means they’ve spent time on workflow stuff and ironing out bugs. V10 is also probably the most stable day 1 release I’ve had from Steinberg in ages.