Sonic Feature - Cubase 12 First Look with Protoculture / 1396

Cubase 12 First Look with Protoculture

View Course

Cubase 12 is here, so who better to take a first look than Protoculture!

In this quick video, Nate highlights a few of his favourite new features, including the super useful MIDI remote API, vocal editing and time-stretching updates, some new plugins, and more.

We’ll certainly be taking a more in-depth look at what’s new soon, but in the meantime, it looks like there’s plenty to get excited about that’ll speed up workflow and raise your production game!

Check it out!

Protoculture you always have great presentations! I have learned a lot from you over the years. Cheers.

great overview - I must await the Nuendo “followup” alas…! nice features that make sense… a lot of the DAWs are online now e.g. FL studio, ableton, Reason… Bitwig… i got a e-licencer originally for the Vengeance plugins back in the day… then when Cubase went on a pandemic sale, I figured why not - I think Vengeance Avenger moved away from e-licencer, too? a trend?

@Freeport3333 You only have to be online to activate once, and after that you can keep the computer offline forever. They are also working on the offline activation option.

They made that change (as well as up the number of computers that can be activated from 2 to 3) after feedback from users who don’t want to always be connected with their studio computers, so I give them credit for listening.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the updated in-depth tutorial on Cubase 12. The previous one Nate did (I think it was Cubase 9) was super helpful!

Thanks Eshy1 you are right they changed the online verification system!! I guess i will continue using cubase now. Have a great creative day!:v:

Vengeance moved to Codemeter (Same as Reason Studios) which coincidentally sucks even more than having an eliscenser. I stopped using it because of contstant crashes and confilcts with other codemeter software.

1 Like

Nate, sorry at risk of reviving old topic - you’ve now done a lot or work too in Bitwig - I too have multiple DAW’s and sometimes base my choice around say “well is there a handy tutorial for Daw X that lends well to what I’m trying to do…” but how does it work for you? Do you commit to one Daw now for a particular project? Do you try in both Daw’s - and see “which one comes out better?” Or do you intermingle between the two Daw’s - and take the best functionality out of each to arrive at a result that is ultimately the “love-child” of the two Daw’s? in the spirit of the Top Daw vid from years back and the original tutorials here that explored the same project in multiple Daw’s, might this in fact be a topic worthy of a new Sonic Academy video? How to work when you’ve got Multiple Daw’s ? cheers Nate