Sooooo Ableton Live Suite

soooooo.

I’ve been using cubase for the past 6 months and I do love all the possibilities.

But I got ableton on friday and I blew through 2 tutorials on SA over the weekend. I learned a ton. I really feel as though the whole process is much easier on ableton than it is on Cubase. It took me much longer to get through the cubase tutorials than it did through the ableton tutorials. But I can still see myself using cubase for lots of features. Vocals seem to be more accurate and versatile in Cubase. Ableton seems like it is an extremely awesome program but using it in conjunction with a program like cubase or logic is a MUST for extra features, mastering and perfecting a track.

I couldnt really notice a sound difference between the 2 programs. Although that could be my monitors again… i have new ones coming this week, so I’ll update later.

Overall I have to say that I love ableton and I see myself using it as my major tool in producing music.

Cubase is how I will turn the newbie track into a professional tune.

just my 2 cents.

I went from Cubase to Ableton, I always thought i’d still end up using Cubase but it just ended up collecting dust till I eventually got my new computer and never installed it on the new machine.

Apart from recording vocals, i hated Cubase with a passion, would never return to it unless i really really have to, guess its what your comfortable with end of the day

Cubase was never installed on my machine and it will never be. Logic and Ableton are the only two that I use. Possibly Reason on Rewire too…

Aparently according to Sean Tyas in his recent Future Music DVD, Cubase only allows you to wire the sidechain to one area. So basically once you’ve sidechained to your kick or whatever, that’s it, you can’t use anything else as a trigger to sidechain your compressor. Bleh.

I’d say Ableton is perfectly capable at doing everything itself, ie no need to use another DAW unless you just really like how one of the other ones does a particular thing.

I agree, buying live 8 was best thing i ever bought music wise, bugs are fixed quick, it does everything and more then you could ever use, when i was on reason back when it was ‘cool’ i spent half time importing samples through recycle, none of that larky anymore

[quote]bangthedj (15/06/2010)[hr]I’d say Ableton is perfectly capable at doing everything itself, ie no need to use another DAW unless you just really like how one of the other ones does a particular thing.

[/quote]

I disagree… Where Live falls short in its arrangement view. Not limiting, but it is aimed to be speedy and easy. Which it excels at this. Logic and other traditional DAW’s are amazing at arrangement (everything is pretty much done in arrangement), but take forever to get ideas in.

Possibly, but I wouldn’t say you need another DAW to perform that role in conjunction with Ableton.

While it might not be its strongest point, it isn’t a feature it lacks.

[quote]howiegroove (15/06/2010)[hr]Cubase was never installed on my machine and it will never be. Logic and Ableton are the only two that I use. Possibly Reason on Rewire too…[/quote]

I agree, have the same Package on my Laptop !:wink: