Sound card for live ...any advice great!

Hi all… ive been using live in home studio for production but now want to use it at work when i dj… got myself a laptop and an apc40 on the way… just wondered what USB sound card is recommended … looking for something reasonably priced that i can send to a mixer in club gigs… Oh and feel free to correct me if i have the whole idea wrong lol

Cheers Lee

This would be perfect for you to DJ with…

[url]http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/dj/audio-4-dj/[/url]

depending on how many channels you want really, I’ve used audio 8 for ages and it’s very solid, so presumably Audio 4 is as good only with less channels,

Also I’ve used Nio 2/4 before, which was great too

funny i have been pondering this myself.

i have been usin a bcd 300 which has the headphone socket built in

so if i switched to say, launchpad or apc20 / 40 then it doesnt have a headphone socket

so i would need to get something like this as well?

flip !! bit pricey all that

[quote]chekka (17/05/2010)[hr]funny i have been pondering this myself.

i have been usin a bcd 300 which has the headphone socket built in

so if i switched to say, launchpad or apc20 / 40 then it doesnt have a headphone socket

so i would need to get something like this as well?

flip !! bit pricey all that[/quote]

yes, bcd comes with its own soundcard, apc dosent

but you can use booth tho, say lounchpad for clips and bcd for rotaries/faders and as soundcard

again depending on how many outputs you want going to the external mixer, you could get away witch cheaper alternatives, like Audio 2 for example

if i was just usin ableton and no other external audio sources how many out puts do i need? just one?

which could be thru the bcd3000 and using the launchpad as well as the bcd 3000?

[quote]chekka (17/05/2010)[hr]if i was just usin ableton and no other external audio sources how many out puts do i need? just one?

which could be thru the bcd3000 and using the launchpad as well as the bcd 3000?[/quote]

if you want to mix internally (i.e. in ableton) than 2 outputs (one stereo) is enough, but you may need another stereo for monitoring to make a ‘standard’ dj-like setup…

just like bcd has, 2 for master, 2 for headphones…yes you can use bcd with lounchad or anything else really

cheers - those pesky inputs and outputs confuse me every time!

thanks very much… is this the same one that comes with traktor ans if so am i better off getting traktor scratch pro?

Is it possible to use ableton and traktor or am i just being silly? Id like to produce on the fly as well as dj…and traktor seems to be more dj friendly