Speaker Stands Vs. MoPads

Trying to decide what to do Lads. Get speaker stands, or buy some MoPads.

I’ve got Yamaha HS50M’s.

Stands will get Monitors off desk. More room. Good. :slight_smile:

Stands will be on a solid wooden floor (on concrete). I’ve heard that speaker stands can be dodgy on floating floors… with coupling & general fckin up of sound.

Thinking of something like this - Really heavy.

[url]http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/IEP/Recording/Microphones-/-speaker-stands-holder/Fame-DB-039-Monitorstaender-hoehenverstellbar-930-1370mm/art-REC0004066-000[/url]

MoPads will keep Speakers on Desk. Less room. Bad. :angry:

[url]http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/IEP/Auralex-MoPads-Speakerpad-Set-Lautsprecherunterlage-/-4-Stk./art-REC0004624-000[/url]

Anyone using MoPads or Got speaker stands? Would appreciate any thoughts or advice on how ( & why ) you’ve set up yours.

[quote]Stands will get Monitors off desk. More room. Good. [Smile]

MoPads will keep Speakers on Desk. Less room. Bad[/quote]

Sounds like you’ve already made up your mind as to what you want.

Thats what I’d like of course… In an ideal world everyone Wins. Whoo- Hoo!! :smiley:

But… The Sound is The Boss @ the end of the day.

Whatever is better is the right choice… regardless of personal preference for more room. It would definitely be a bonus… but no deal breaker.

Space isnt an issue at moment… I’d have more with stands - hence better… but its all good right now.

:slight_smile:

I have those stands and those pads. I use both so the vibrations don’t travel through the stand.   The stands come with these really thin 4/16" pads that you stick on top of the flat area, but I can hear the vibes through the stands with just my monitors (M-Audio BX8a); that’s why I use the pads.

Nice one Jrel… Appreciate you letting me know Man.

Dumb Q probably - But how do you secure the Monitors then to the stand?

Seems to me (without any experience of them…) that it might be a little unstable or prone to falling if not looked after.

I actully got some packaging foam, the same stuff that came with my KRK’s and some super glue, a pair of scissors and made my own mopads! works a treat!

Class idea Wayne!

Hope you got a Blue Peter Badge for that Mate! :D 

[quote]ICN (28/08/2010)[hr]Class idea Wayne!

Hope you got a Blue Peter Badge for that Mate! :D[/quote]

lol - dosent look as pretty but works! Try it before you splash out mate :slight_smile:

Looks good Man. All you need now is to make a Lid for them! :slight_smile:

Doesnt matter as long as it works

[quote]gofunk (28/08/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (28/08/2010)[hr]Class idea Wayne!

Hope you got a Blue Peter Badge for that Mate! :D[/quote]

lol - dosent look as pretty but works! Try it before you splash out mate :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I thought i was the only bloke who uses these hahahahaha… works really well man exactly the same lol

I was just going to say try turning a couple of waste paper bins upside down and stand your speakers on them, but the foam idea beat me to it. Nice one!

Obviously empty the bins first. :slight_smile:

Also if your Bin is Human Sized… Make sure there are no People of the Street residing in it.

They dont like Bass when they are sleeping.

[quote]ICN (28/08/2010)[hr]Also if your Bin is Human Sized… Make sure there are no People of the Street residing in it.

They dont like Bass when they are sleeping.[/quote]

I usually strangle them first to avoid that - I have a tut somewhere will post later :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]slender (29/08/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (28/08/2010)[hr]Also if your Bin is Human Sized… Make sure there are no People of the Street residing in it.

They dont like Bass when they are sleeping.[/quote]

I usually strangle them first to avoid that - I have a tut somewhere will post later :P[/quote]

Think I found it.

Haha!

Brilliant.

Wasnt that Woman the most annoying thing ever. Can you blame him?