Spilling water on your MacBook

Hey everyone… I spilled water on my MacBook Pro last night. The good news is that when it spilled, the overflow and splash went on the keys and not directly on top of the keys. I immediately wiped it up, turned off the laptop, and turned the computer upside down with a paper towel in between the keys and screen. I took the back off to see if any liquid made it on the Logic Board it there were a couple droplets, but nothing on any of the actually functional parts of the board. I did some rocking of the laptop to get the liquid to go back through the keys and then used a hair dryer on the cool setting to try to dry it up. It turned on and has been working ever since. However, I kept it turned off throughout the night while flipped upside down just to make sure and this morning, it started up with no problems.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions? Do you think I am in the clear now that it turned on and everything?

You should get it stolen again Howie… then get another one on the insurance! :wink: :smiley: :cool:

Nah… Never happened to me thank F***.

Dropped a laptop a few times… but always hyper careful when a cup of tea etc… is in the vicinity.

Wow that’s beat dude.  Never happened to me on my laptop but I once dropped my blackberry in a toilet (not a good situation!).

Maybe leave it open for a bit just in case there is any condensation happening.  Hope it works out and it turns out fine Howie.

I think you did the right thing as if nothing has short circuited when you switched on all the moister should have evaporated

On another forum I post on, they were saying that I should be ok. One guy spilled a whole cup of coffee on his and it still worked. he did the same thing as me. mine wasnt a direct spill. Worst case, some of the letters stick and I will have to replace the keyboard.

I hear you want to ‘aim’ correctly whilst watching p0rn, that stuff can cause some seriously sticky keys… well, that’s what Jon Fisher says anyways :wink: :wink:

[quote]roben (13/07/2010)[hr]I hear you want to ‘aim’ correctly whilst watching p0rn, that stuff can cause some seriously sticky keys… well, that’s what Jon Fisher says anyways :wink: ;)[/quote]

Maybe Howie was trying out his new “Soggy Biscuit MacBook Game Tut” App.

[quote]ICN (13/07/2010)[hr][quote]roben (13/07/2010)[hr]I hear you want to ‘aim’ correctly whilst watching p0rn, that stuff can cause some seriously sticky keys… well, that’s what Jon Fisher says anyways :wink: ;)[/quote]

Maybe Howie was trying out his new “Soggy Biscuit MacBook Game Tut” App.[/quote]

hahaha :smiley:

[quote]ICN (13/07/2010)[hr][quote]roben (13/07/2010)[hr]I hear you want to ‘aim’ correctly whilst watching p0rn, that stuff can cause some seriously sticky keys… well, that’s what Jon Fisher says anyways :wink: ;)[/quote]

Maybe Howie was trying out his new “Soggy Biscuit MacBook Game Tut” App.[/quote]

No.