Static & noise in audio after changing presets

Hi Guys,

Purchased your ANA synth this morning. So far very impressed with sound/feature quality. One thing I just noticed, happened once and I didn’t think too much of it but now it seems to be happening more often.

Using ANA as a 32bit VST inside Live 8. Seems to be that sometimes when I change presets, the sound is washed in static and sounds very harsh. Change around a few presets, come back to it and its fine.

Of course it could be a system thing, but doesn’t happen with any other VSTs and CPU is not working overly hard (although I did think that ANA does seem to have a pretty heavy footprint?) As I said, I’m using Live 8, an M-Audio FastTrack Pro with the latest ASIO drivers and a pair of Tapco 8" monitors (connected using balanced jacks).

Anyone else experienced this problem? I know its only early days…

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

Additional Note: Only seems to happen when selecting presets via the small triangle “back” and “next” buttons, rather than selecting from the drop down list. Not sure if this helps at all…

[quote]TehCrucible (27/02/2012)[hr]Hi Guys,

Purchased your ANA synth this morning. So far very impressed with sound/feature quality. One thing I just noticed, happened once and I didn’t think too much of it but now it seems to be happening more often.

Using ANA as a 32bit VST inside Live 8. Seems to be that sometimes when I change presets, the sound is washed in static and sounds very harsh. Change around a few presets, come back to it and its fine.

Of course it could be a system thing, but doesn’t happen with any other VSTs and CPU is not working overly hard (although I did think that ANA does seem to have a pretty heavy footprint?) As I said, I’m using Live 8, an M-Audio FastTrack Pro with the latest ASIO drivers and a pair of Tapco 8" monitors (connected using balanced jacks).

Anyone else experienced this problem? I know its only early days…

Thanks in advance,

Jamie[/quote]

i think i can get a similar kind of sound when i have a LOT of voices playing and CPU starts to give. - may or may not be the same issue you are having though.

the reason for its heavy footprint at the minute is that currently it just plays all voices you tell it to (which can be a LOT, especially with the chord hold function on) - so the addition of a selectable number of voices will be added to the next updates. to solve that problem

Thanks for the quick reply mate. You might be right. It seems that the static DOEScarry over to other synths once it has started acting up. This would lead me to belive CPU/driver issues. Obviously ANAs (currently) huge footprint at times is pushing my drivers over the edge.

I thought it was strange, I also own Spectrasonics Omnisphere (a significantly larger synth) and it seems to use a quarter of the CPU that ANA currently is, per instance (obviously dependent on what patch/how many voices etc).

I’m using a quad-core i5, 8GB RAM, just for reference.

Fingers crossed for the next update. I know its an annoying question but any rough timeframe? Kinda makes the synth unusable in the meantime… :frowning:

[quote]TehCrucible (27/02/2012)[hr]Thanks for the quick reply mate. You might be right. It seems that the static DOEScarry over to other synths once it has started acting up. This would lead me to belive CPU/driver issues. Obviously ANAs (currently) huge footprint at times is pushing my drivers over the edge.

I thought it was strange, I also own Spectrasonics Omnisphere (a significantly larger synth) and it seems to use a quarter of the CPU that ANA currently is, per instance (obviously dependent on what patch/how many voices etc).

I’m using a quad-core i5, 8GB RAM, just for reference.

Fingers crossed for the next update. I know its an annoying question but any rough timeframe? Kinda makes the synth unusable in the meantime… :([/quote]

Omnisphere and most other synths can be pushed to cause the same issue, its just that their voices are initially limited to stop it overloading

our dev is looking into our issues this week so we will try to get as many bugs updated in this release