Steve Ward 'Low Shizzle'

Hi guys,br
br
Can you do a quick tutorial on creating the ‘Low Shizzle’ from Steve Wards Techno tutorial, from scratch.br
br
It appears to be some kind of percussive hits such as toms/congas/bongos etc pitched right down to bass type frequencies, with a reversed hit at the start of the sequence?br
br
But can you please provide some guidance on how to create this type of bass sound.br
br
Or perhaps you could get Steve himself to provide more info on where he got this sound from, or how he created it if it’s not a sample he used as is?br
br
Thanks, David.

Hey Gents,br
br
If you look at the comments section in the Steve Ward tutorial section, I was wondering the same thing. I would really like to learn more about what the best samples are to use for “low shizzle” type tweaking.br
br
In addition, I would really love to know the sort of stuff that makes the basslines work on the tracks below. I have been trying to get those low rumbly subbasses that drive the track going but just can’t get them right. I have tried portamento on low sine waves, filtered down toms/kicks, etc. I know the kick is usually EQ’d above the sub bass stuff so that it doesn’t conflict. That and the kick triggers a side chain that compresses the sub bass material. But whenever I EQ this stuff, it gets more muddy rather than getting rich and powerful. I have been trying parallel compression which helps but I would still appreciate further insight into this realm of sub bass production.br
br
Thank you Phil, Bryan and the rest of the SA crew for your contributions. I’ve learned a lot already and await your forthcoming videos.br
br
Sincerely,br
Matt Buschbr
Subscriberbr
br
EXAMPLE TRACKS:br
br
Dubspeeka - Fix Mebr
[url]Dubspeeka - Fix Me (Original Mix) - YouTube
br
Mark Reeve - Move Itbr
[url]Mark Reeve - Move It (Original Mix) [TRUESOUL] - YouTube
br
Pig Dan + Mark Reeve - Expandbr
(specifically around 2:04)br
[url]- YouTube

Please also have a hard time doing “shizzle” low, a tutorial would be sensational. br
br
Thank you SA for all tutorials br
br
Cheers from Brazil

Check techtips vol14