Studio Monitors Are Important!

Most of you know my equipment got stolen and i did get some insurance money back i bought most of it back but what i didnt buy were a new sound card and Studio monitors ( i had to give that money to parents for bills :smiley: im 18 cut me some slack :smiley: ) i now have these ****ty pc Speakers and it doesn’t pick up sound that good so i make some patches and they sound like **** and i move them to the trash bin but i gave some to my friend which has really good monitors i went to his house and played them and they sounded amazing!!!

Luckily i got a website design jobs for a couple of bands and im getting paid good money :smiley:

Good monitors are vital.

I’d spend money here first rather than on fancy controllers etc. It’s one of the few bits of hardware that you definitely need, and worth spending a bit on if you can.

man I feel your pain…

I had been using my crappy PC speakers & headphones for the last few months…

UNTIL YESTERDAY! I had a set of brand new surround sound dolby digital 7.1 speakers that I wasnt using in my house, but I had no way to hook them up. I figured it out though. I took my M-audio fastrack and used that for my soundcard, then took a receiver/amp and plugged it into the output of the fasttrack. Then I hooked up the 5 speakers & the sub to the receiver…

bingo! 1000 watt sound on the PC. Its cool too because I can change the channels and go to 2 front speakers & sub or 1 center & 2 surround & sub, or just 2 front, or all 5 + sub. The system obviously wasnt made for this, but to compared to PC speakers I am living in a dream. Going back and listening to my tracks after I made this upgrade it doesnt even compare.

I love having the sub because I can really hear the fine points in low end frequencies.

wasnt trying 2 rub it in… cause I feel your pain… but im mad excited about the new setup

All the guys here have either Mackie HR-824s MK1s or 2s

we should get them all together for 12.1 surround sound setup:D

[quote]phil johnston (17/06/2010)[hr]All the guys here have either Mackie HR-824s MK1s or 2s

we should get them all together for 12.1 surround sound setup:D[/quote]

Yeah my Mackie 824 MK II with KRK 5 rocks :wink:

I agree! I recently upgraded my Event PS5 for a pair of Dynaudio BM6A MKII’s and the difference was night and day. My mixes translate very well with the new monitors. Also, room acoustics is also very important. You should spend for some room treatments to get full use of your monitors.

[quote]frankiep (17/06/2010)[hr]I agree! I recently upgraded my Event PS5 for a pair of Dynaudio BM6A MKII’s and the difference was night and day. My mixes translate very well with the new monitors. Also, room acoustics is also very important. You should spend for some room treatments to get full use of your monitors.[/quote]

Verry Important !

[quote]frankiep (17/06/2010)[hr]I agree! I recently upgraded my Event PS5 for a pair of Dynaudio BM6A MKII’s and the difference was night and day. My mixes translate very well with the new monitors. Also, room acoustics is also very important. You should spend for some room treatments to get full use of your monitors.[/quote]

Yeah yeah i know but i would need to move my Studio somewhere else :smiley: im in a balcony with windows lol :smiley:

Are Mackie 824 MK II recommended? Pretty pricey at £1k a pair?

[quote]roben (17/06/2010)[hr]Are Mackie 824 MK II recommended? Pretty pricey at £1k a pair?[/quote]

those are the ones i had before the got robbed :confused: they were really good but any can do imma get the M-Audio Studiophile BX5a Deluxe 70-watt Bi-amplified Studio Reference Monitors