Support The competitons

[quote]phil johnston (25/06/2010)[hr]surely its just a good reason for a bit of self promotion for you guys to get folks to listen to your tunes… if your telling your friends and someone else is telling theres they hear both tracks and everyone gets a bit of recognition.

for the ones who are doing it for a career rather than a hobby you should maybe be more switched on to promoting yourselves… if you dont the next guy will… thats for sure.

Maybe I missing the point but when i was starting off i gave demos etc. to everyone i could for as much feedback as possible.[/quote]

good points there phil, i didn’t think of it in that way to be fair. i went into the competition with a friendly community based comp in mind with the idea that perhaps promoting the track after the competition but you are right we should be promoting are tracks at every possible opportunity.

[quote]jon_fisher (25/06/2010)[hr][quote]phil johnston (25/06/2010)[hr]surely its just a good reason for a bit of self promotion for you guys to get folks to listen to your tunes… if your telling your friends and someone else is telling theres they hear both tracks and everyone gets a bit of recognition.

for the ones who are doing it for a career rather than a hobby you should maybe be more switched on to promoting yourselves… if you dont the next guy will… thats for sure.

Maybe I missing the point but when i was starting off i gave demos etc. to everyone i could for as much feedback as possible.[/quote]

good points there phil, i didn’t think of it in that way to be fair. i went into the competition with a friendly community based comp in mind with the idea that perhaps promoting the track after the competition but you are right we should be promoting are tracks at every possible opportunity.[/quote]

people should be promoting their tracks if thats what they want to do, but not the competition. otherwise it will just become a farce

i think its unfair for guys to be accusing SA for being lazy, just take a look at the complications of setting this competition up, making the tables, setting off and ending each game all take time from one of the SA team.

hats off to the SA team for pulling this one off things should become a little less complicated as the teams drop into the final 16.

maybe we should all post up on other forums and FB but instead of calling for the friendship vote just post links to the final 16 competition instead of just asking “vote for me”

i know we all feel the same way about “that” way of voting on remix competitions because we all feel like me have been badly placed in them before. but we can still promote the competition as a whole :slight_smile:

[quote]jon_fisher (25/06/2010)[hr]

maybe we should all post up on other forums and FB but instead of calling for the friendship vote just post links to the final 16 competition instead of just asking “vote for me”

i know we all feel the same way about “that” way of voting on remix competitions because we all feel like me have been badly placed in them before. but we can still promote the competition as a whole :)[/quote]

There is a reason why i’ve given up on remix competitons, and i really don’t want to see SA competitons going the same way.

Sure promotion is good for ourselves as well as SA, but I already do a lot of promotion on facebook anyways regarding my gigs and my soundcloud. I just don’t want to spam people with ‘vote for me’ BS.

I’ve done it before, and i’ve had it done to me before, it gets annoying.

Vote for the track that deserves to win, not just because the track was made by your friend / someone you know / some random ‘friend’ on facebook who has asked you nicely.

not contributing much to the discussion…but

…I’ve voted and there are some excellent tracks there!

[quote]roben (25/06/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (25/06/2010)[hr]

i know we all feel the same way about “that” way of voting on remix competitions because we all feel like me have been badly placed in them before. but we can still promote the competition as a whole :)[/quote]

There is a reason why i’ve given up on remix competitons, and i really don’t want to see SA competitons going the same way.

Sure promotion is good for ourselves as well as SA, but I already do a lot of promotion on facebook anyways regarding my gigs and my soundcloud. I just don’t want to spam people with ‘vote for me’ BS.

I’ve done it before, and i’ve had it done to me before, it gets annoying.

Vote for the track that deserves to win, not just because the track was made by your friend / someone you know / some random ‘friend’ on facebook who has asked you nicely.[/quote]

I agree with Roben . I do work in Promoting my Music and events on my owm .now i am not accusing SA being Lazy , i think they did a great job but there is no to many people voting and we misunderstood that we could have posted our music on Social network.

John said that we can promote as a WC tournament in our Sites wich i think it wouldn’t matter at all because it would be biased still .

for example

if you have 2500 friends in FB or other Social Network , and u ask them to vote for competition

. i think that probably 500 people will vote for you because they know you or because they will do a favor to you . and whoever have more friends probably will win the competition .

IMO that would be Biased to anyone .

Yep quite a tough comp, loads of really well made tracks.

yeah on reflection i think you guys are totally right… having a load of randoms signing up just to vote on a track just cause someone has more facebook friends has no real benifit to anyone.

competitor only voting is the answer imo…

Another way of voting would be the moderators from s.a doing it.