Support The competitons

Hey guys

i know that many of you probably only read the Generals on the forums but we need all the support of the forums backing the competitions if we want sonic academy to hold competitions in the future.

so please show your support and vote on the world cup games, even if you did are not in the competition.

we can’t expect SA to hold competitions if we don’t get the support from the forum users.

many thanks

Well said Jon! It seems to me people are only going into group A and making a vote, hardly anyone goes into the other groups.

[quote]roben (24/06/2010)[hr]Well said Jon! It seems to me people are only going into group A and making a vote, hardly anyone goes into the other groups.[/quote]

group a has only had a handful of votes compared to the first set that went up

The idea probably isn’t working too well as hoped because it seems every other day there is new ones to vote.

Just a thought.

I’ve tried to keep up with it but it is a bit of a mission finding the time, also i think only one person likes my track so lost a bit of interest

[quote]Mussi81 (24/06/2010)[hr]I’ve tried to keep up with it but it is a bit of a mission finding the time, also i think only one person likes my track so lost a bit of interest[/quote]

but doesn’t that make you think more about what you could have maybe done different, i don’t expect to win but i will continue to vote after i am out.

I haven’t had much time on here the past few weeks and honestly anytime iv been on I spent it voting on the tracks,

I don’t really know whats going on in the rest of the forum at the moment.

I think the format of this comp. is to time consuming.  People want to come and listen to all tracks in one sitting, and be done.  Not vote best of 2, next vote best of two, next ect… then come back and vote on tracks they already heard…

It was a good concept though.

[quote]stylz (24/06/2010)[hr]I think the format of this comp. is to time consuming. People want to come and listen to all tracks in one sitting, and be done. Not vote best of 2, next vote best of two, next ect… then come back and vote on tracks they already heard…

It was a good concept though.[/quote]

Yeah I think this is the key issue here.

Yes - I’ve tried to support the competition but I just don’t have the time to keep coming back and re-voting. I think the concept was very imaginative, and certainly don’t think SA could have anticipated how onerous a task it becomes with each successive round. I would love to see more SA competitions, though, perhaps a little more simplified in their execution.

doesnt matter if the competition is a good idea or not.

jon is right and it needs our support and S.A need the support as well along with all the tracks involved!!

ive just posted my vote for all the matches.

hopefully other ppl will!!

yeah it all got quite complicated very quickly… we will do it differently next time…

we kinda hoped you guys would be going mad promoting through all your facebooks n stuff… it really would make a difference in what prizes etc. we could get.

[quote]phil johnston (25/06/2010)[hr]yeah it all got quite complicated very quickly… we will do it differently next time…

we kinda hoped you guys would be going mad promoting through all your facebooks n stuff… it really would make a difference in what prizes etc. we could get.[/quote]

seriously ??? do people have to sign up to vote ???

[quote]phil johnston (25/06/2010)[hr]yeah it all got quite complicated very quickly… we will do it differently next time…

we kinda hoped you guys would be going mad promoting through all your facebooks n stuff… it really would make a difference in what prizes etc. we could get.[/quote]

To be honest, I’ve not really been fussed about winning, otherwise i’d probably have promoted it, sorry buddy :frowning:

Maybe if it was a condenser mic which i’m after, like the Rode NT2-A (example) as a winning prize i’d be more eager to win.

Also it doesn’t help when people have to register just to vote, people are naturaly really lazy.

i would love to win but i thought using my friends via facebook would have been cheating as it becomes more of a popularity competition rather than a production comp, there are many producers on my facebook but to be fair the other guys on there don’t really know jack about music and would just vote because i had asked them to :slight_smile:

[quote]phil johnston (25/06/2010)[hr]

I find that abit lazy to be honest, it’s you holding the comp so it should be you promoting the comp, not just sending out one email to memebers!!!

Plus I remember seeing somewhere that tracks that have funny votes ie people who have only just signed up to vote for a track would would be disqualified!

[quote]jon_fisher (25/06/2010)[hr]i would love to win but i thought using my friends via facebook would have been cheating as it becomes more of a popularity competition rather than a production comp, there are many producers on my facebook but to be fair the other guys on there don’t really know jack about music and would just vote because i had asked them to :)[/quote]

Nail on the head.

I’d hate to see SA competitions becoming everything I hate about ‘remix competitons’… ie: popularity contests / sympathy votes

NOT votes based on production quality.

So far, all the votes on this competiton have been really fair and i’ve not seen one track where it’s been voted higher than the other where i’ve thought; ‘wtf, but the other track is better produced and sounds better??’

This happens ALL THE TIME in remix competitons, you’ll find amazing remixes ranked really low and some REALLY sh*t productions in the top 10, makes no sense to me.

[quote]jon_fisher (25/06/2010)[hr]i would love to win but i thought using my friends via facebook would have been cheating as it becomes more of a popularity competition rather than a production comp, there are many producers on my facebook but to be fair the other guys on there don’t really know jack about music and would just vote because i had asked them to :)[/quote]

Haha beat me to it fella!

surely its just a good reason for a bit of self promotion for you guys to get folks to listen to your tunes… if your telling your friends and someone else is telling theres they hear both tracks and everyone gets a bit of recognition.

for the ones who are doing it for a career rather than a hobby you should maybe be more switched on to promoting yourselves… if you dont the next guy will… thats for sure.

Maybe I missing the point but when i was starting off i gave demos etc. to everyone i could for as much feedback as possible.

I did submitted my track to be able to get reviews maybe to get an advice . but also i enrolled in this competition to be able to listen what other SA students have learned since they signed in this Site . i see there is alot of good talent here .but counting votes from our friends in FB or my space wouldn’t help us to get better in Music productions .they might get to vote for us but i think that would be kind of cheap .

Like Robe said , there is so many REMIX competitions and there is lots of spamming in Social Networks due to remix Comp .I dont think we need to follow that direction . instead maybe SA should be able to promote about this event and i am sure the votes will not be biased.

Also there would be more people trying to sign in to SA , after they heard what we learned and Achieved

IMO