Sylenth problems

i have downloaded the sylenth and followed all the instructions, like installing it into the common VST folder but ableton does not recognize it. i can use revolverb. any suggestions.

Did you re-scan plug-ins within ableton after you installed it?

are you on PC or Mac what version of sylenth etc.

im on a pc and its version 2.0

yes i did rescan

Are you using the correct drivers?

im not sure if i am or not. I guess i assumed when i installed it that drivers would be installed also

…i deleted the ableton Preferences.cfg file then reinstalled the sylenth asm i was instructed to do from the stienberg forums

actually it didnt work still cant get it recognize

can anyone help me with this problem?

i guess i dont understand why you would have this sylenth in the tutorial if you cant help me to make it to work. I cant move forward in the tutorial without this sylenth and from what I have read its in many other tutorials as well. what should I do?

[quote]djkennyaz (11/01/2011)[hr]…i deleted the ableton Preferences.cfg file then reinstalled the sylenth asm i was instructed to do from the stienberg forums[/quote]

You shouldn’t have to delete anything?!

Just try to follow through the instructions again.  Sorry I can’t help further.

[quote]djkennyaz (12/01/2011)[hr]i guess i dont understand why you would have this sylenth in the tutorial if you cant help me to make it to work. I cant move forward in the tutorial without this sylenth and from what I have read its in many other tutorials as well. what should I do?[/quote]

hi

the sylenth is a 3rd party application, so there is only so much help we can provide

have you “enabled” VSTS for ableton so that you can actually use third party plug ins, and set up the correct vst folder. or custom vst folder if you aren’t using the norm

it could be that your running 64 bit processor ? these are just a few things i can think of.

its hard to gauge what exactly could be wrong.

My money is on Sylenth having been installed into the wrong VST folder. I would unistall, then make a careful note in Ableton of the location of the VST folder, then re-install and make sure you change the default setting to the correct one.

what version of Windows are you using?

Can you see sylenth in your plug ins tree of ableton or is it just not showing up?

Have you tried directing Abelton under prefrences to the correct VST folder and re-scanning?.

I got it to work finally i reinstalled it using the 86x installation instead of the 64x even though im running 64 and it works great. sorry for my previous out burst I was frustrated. thank you everyone for trying to help the retard

oh… yeah… ableton doesn’t support 64-bit plugins , i really didn’t think that might have been the issue . A 32-bit software can’t use 64-bit synths.