Synthesis

That Korg is an ugly looker though

A pair very creamy pads fnar fnar etc

this may be some captain obvious advice but i would start off really easy with a basic polyphonic subtractive synth like sylenth.browse through the presets and reverse engineer them.then move on to synths featuring more advanced forms of synthesis and repeat.

[quote]I have it. I hate reading, so its coming slow. But…Im taking a synthesis class right now at Berklee as we speak, so thats why.[/quote]

Hows Berkley im thinking about going there :smiley:

lol, good 1!!

[quote]Subject 1 (22/07/2010)[hr][quote]I have it. I hate reading, so its coming slow. But…Im taking a synthesis class right now at Berklee as we speak, so thats why.[/quote]

Hows Berkley im thinking about going there :D[/quote]

Its good actually. I learned alot in my first class. Im taking 5 classes. right now, im on my second one. Its a synthesis class. Its really good, but the first 3-4 lessons are beginner stuff that I already know. Thats not to say it didnt brush me up a bit, and I learned a couple things, but the majority has been easy so far in that class.

Are you in a Dorm there Howie?

[quote]ICN (22/07/2010)[hr]Are you in a Dorm there Howie?[/quote]

no…online classes. Im in Florida. Berklee is in Boston

[quote]howiegroove (22/07/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (22/07/2010)[hr]Are you in a Dorm there Howie?[/quote]

no…online classes. Im in Florida. Berklee is in Boston[/quote]

Sure maybe a Hurricane will blow you up there sometime! :wink: :smiley:

Thats cool Man. Fair play.

Is there a time difference between you? or is the content just Vids?

[quote]ICN (22/07/2010)[hr]

Sure maybe a Hurricane will blow you up there sometime! :wink: :smiley:

[/quote]

LOL - but probably the wrong time of year to joke about it

I was in Miami when a hurricane struck - the noise more than anything was terrifying - wish i could have sampled it :wink:

same time zone. not many vids for this class. i read alot, and there are alot of exercises to do with Subtractor and Absynth. There are chats online once a week too. In my advanced ableton class, there were alot of vids.

[quote]howiegroove (22/07/2010)[hr]same time zone. not many vids for this class. i read alot, and there are alot of exercises to do with Subtractor and Absynth. There are chats online once a week too. In my advanced ableton class, there were alot of vids.[/quote]

**** yeah online classes :smiley: how much is it lol i was thinking i might have to go over there but im in Cali :smiley: id rather stay here :smiley:

$1100 per class.

[quote]howiegroove (23/07/2010)[hr]$1100 per class.[/quote]

So how many hours on average training per class - not including your study and project time

[quote]howiegroove (23/07/2010)[hr]$1100 per class.[/quote]

i am expecting you to make killer tracks howie . after you are done with that kind of Education hehe.

[quote]slender (23/07/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (23/07/2010)[hr]$1100 per class.[/quote]

So how many hours on average training per class - not including your study and project time[/quote]

Its not a normal class like you would think. We have lessons. We read the material and go through exercises throughout the material. We have a forum type discussion in the middle of the week usually too. Then, once a week, we have an hour chat with the professor and the rest of the class. However, the material is quite in depth. I do about 6-8 hours of homework each week. Maybe more.

[quote]alinenunez (23/07/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (23/07/2010)[hr]$1100 per class.[/quote]

i am expecting you to make killer tracks howie . after you are done with that kind of Education hehe.[/quote]

I have one coming out and three in the hopper. I hope so too. I love to learn and I love to teach. Too bad there are alot of assholes on here that want to poke fun or whatever becuase I would teach the stuff that I learn at berklee. But, screw it. Its not worth my time.