Synthwave track "Coastlines" demo version track feedback

Hey guys, scootiepuff here again and this time I wanted to put up another track “Coastlines”. I feel that it’s almost complete, my idea for this track was to make something that felt like you were driving to the beach in a convertible with the top down, hence the title. As always any feedback or advice provided would be greatly appreciated! Also if there’s anything you guys want to ask about the track like sounds or samples used etc., please feel free! Anyways, thanks again guys and hope you enjoy!

1 Like

Sweet. Flows nicely and good round sounds. It also sounds great in mono. In stereo (on headphones), it feels a bit unbalanced and overly busy in the lower frequencies. For example, the snare seems unusually active in the bass area. I would imagine that having another look at the stereo information below 200hz, making it a bit tighter, more focused could enhance the forward momentum of the song.

Been a minute since I last replied but thanks Kuchenchef for the feedback! Im pretty sure I went into it and messed with it some but I spiraled into making more tracks and I’ve been playing more guitar lately so I decided to add some to “Coastlines” which I have no renamed to “Oceanside”. This was always meant to be my single track and I wanted it to sound great but was never satisfied with it. Now I’m like 90% satisfied with it but I have to just let it be and put it out there. Any and all feedback is welcome!

1 Like

Nice one :wink:

Not a big fan of fade in intro unless it’s used on purpose to slowly bring the track over dialogs or other sounds ( i.e : like it’s typically done in movies ). For a “solo” track, I’d rather prefer a start with less elements at the beginning rather than fading in the overall track volume.

Another suggestion woud be to re-balance levels between synths and Bass + Drums.

You have plenty of head room in this track and the bass line and drums are a bit burried behind the synths at the moment, a bit more punch and volume for those elements could be nice.

This might be useful for reference and tips :sunglasses:

Tech Tips - Synthwave Essentials