Talky Talky Speaky Speaky

Anybody know any good text to speech software that gives you good quality output? Would like to get some choice phrases for vox effects in a track! :slight_smile:

Mac or PC? Both have text to speech built in, but depends what sort of voice you were going for.

Vocaloid is more natural, but expensive, **** talker is for PC, and there is a mac version too, but I can’t remember off the top of my head. Just so happens I did an article about exactly this for the next Computer Music special.

Dont know how “good” it would be - But go to English language Websites… Or even foreign language ones.

You can sometimes find them so that you can type in words & they’ll spit out the pronunciations…

Google translate does that also.

[quote]bangthedj (03/02/2011)[hr]Google translate does that also.[/quote]

There ya go! :smiley:

You do know you have to spell correctly Gav :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks guys gonna check out the vocaloid option as it’s a quality sound I’m after. I’ll see if they do a demo! I can’t see google churning out 24bit wavs!:slight_smile:

Yas Pawl, I am Abel too spel jist fyne fanx! :wink:

[quote]gavisthename (03/02/2011)[hr]Thanks guys gonna check out the vocaloid option as it’s a quality sound I’m after. I’ll see if they do a demo! I can’t see google churning out 24bit wavs!:slight_smile:

Yas Pawl, I am Abel too spel jist fyne fanx! ;)[/quote]

…and welsh doesn’t count :stuck_out_tongue:

this is a classic and free, it lets you download the Mp3 and i’ve used it in tons of productions.

[url=]http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php[/url]

sometimes you have to type the word in phonetically, but it lets you listen tot he voice/sentence before you download it.

Trus me… FL Studio has the don of speech synthesisers :wink:

[quote]Aapie (05/02/2011)[hr]this is a classic and free, it lets you download the Mp3 and i’ve used it in tons of productions.

sometimes you have to type the word in phonetically, but it lets you listen tot he voice/sentence before you download it.

[/quote]

It’s a great tool, but iirc if you delve into their Ts&Cs you cant actually use it for anything commercial.

Not a bother in the main, but should your vocal create a hit…

[quote]bangthedj (06/02/2011)[hr][quote]Aapie (05/02/2011)[hr]this is a classic and free, it lets you download the Mp3 and i’ve used it in tons of productions.

[/quote]

It’s a great tool, but iirc if you delve into their Ts&Cs you cant actually use it for anything commercial.

Not a bother in the main, but should your vocal create a hit…[/quote]

Yeah I noticed the T&C too, but since my vocal samples are completely waped and crushed I don’t think they would ever notice :wink:

Bit off topic -

Go to Google Translate and type in “pv zk bschk pv zk pv bschk zk pv zk bschk pv zk pv bschk zk bschk pv bschk bschk pv kkkkkkkkkk bschk” from German to German and press the listen button