TECH TIP by Phill?

The flute in “Where are you now” by Skrillex, Bieber Diplo is sampled from the vocal and then processed played by Ableton’s sampler. br
br
Skrillex explains part of the process in this video by the new york times (check at 5min). br
br
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mY5FNRh0h4br
br
To be able to morph vocals into instruments this way seems like a great tool to have in your arsenal and gives a distinct vibe only made this way. Good it be possible to run this through in a tech tip? And then look at some different angels to attack such thing :smiley: :D?br
br
br

Honestly dude I really don’t think this is that special, its just a pitch shifted vocal line with some effects added (and I really don’t know much, I’m still a complete newbie…). I mean the concept is cool, for sure, maybe its my bias against that track, but what I heard sounds like absolute ****, and I don’t hate all pop music. br
br
Seems like Izotope’s iris2 or some other sample based synth would be something to look at if your interested in that sort of thing.

I agree that to make something with a sustained sound in a simpler/sampler is kids play. br
To get it to sound really good although is something which is not that easy at all. br
br
I also dislike the pop song but feel that the technique and the many ways you can go about is definately interesting. :wink:

Good video!br
br
some interesting techniques - worth a watch regardless