Tech Tips 6

In your video on how to make thick basslines, i was curious when you said artists will tend to keep resampling these basslines in order to come up with something new and unique. would they follow the exact same process as they did during the first runthrough?(with different effects of course) It’s just not making sense to me why you would resample again, would you not come out with a big mess of a sound with all that processing?

[quote]MidKnight (14/10/2010)[hr]In your video on how to make thick basslines, i was curious when you said artists will tend to keep resampling these basslines in order to come up with something new and unique. would they follow the exact same process as they did during the first runthrough?(with different effects of course) It’s just not making sense to me why you would resample again, would you not come out with a big mess of a sound with all that processing?[/quote]

the key is to add it bit by bit.

dont over power it every step,

in the vid i did i went full on on step one - if you plan on moving bit by bit then i would suggest you ease back on the effects so that it does not become a big mess at the end