Tech Tips - Building Tension in Tracks / 1823

Building Tension in Tracks

View Course

Protoculture’s back with a new video - and this time, he’s checking out ways to help build tension in our tracks.

We look at the classic ways of achieving this before diving into more subtle ways to keep the track interesting and moving. Utilizing gradual synced LFO curves applied to our sounds, we can constantly build and reset the tension over several bars.

These can be assigned to anything from pitch modulation to effects and even duplicated and inverted to fade in and out to create a constant Shepard Tone effect.

Packed with super useful techniques to help build that anticipation your listeners crave!

Check it out!

Another tech tip that will help me with my next project.
Thanks Nate !

1 Like

Nate, you are the best. Always a pleasure watching your tips. Thanks a lot.

@Protoculture

Hi Nate. Do you have the new Keylab mk3 Keyboard? How is it compared to the NI Komplete 61? I’m thinking about selling it, because I’m not so happy with the keyboard’s velocity response. Is it better?

track sounds great mate

I totally agree. The song is fire as all the songs from Protoculture especially the latest ones released on Marula Music. The sound and especially the atmospheres are amazing. I hope that I can release one of my progressive trance songs one day on that label.

1 Like

very nice, good timing. Learning the mixing stuff now :grin:

1 Like

sick loved it! Great ideas, simple and elegant. Also really love that track! Sounds dope! Would love to see how you made it.

1 Like

Sorry for the slow response… yep, MK3. I really like it. Enough that I’m getting rid of the Komplete S61 Mk2. I think the keybed is much better and there is enough tweakability that you can dial the velocity sensitivity in to your liking.

1 Like

Thanks Nate and no need to be sorry. Then I think I will also buy the MK3 in the near future and getting rid of the Komplete S61 Mk2.