Tech Tips - Trance Piano / 1642

Trance Piano

View Course

Bluffmunkey’s back with another quick video as part of Trace Takeover, and following on from his ‘Trance Essentials Tech Tips’, ‘Rolling Baslines’ video and recent ‘Trance Percussion’ tutorial, we now take a look at that definitive Trance Piano - you know the one right?

Yeah… you definitely do because it crops up time and time again and is proving to be a timeless classic. Here we show how to achieve that sound using ANA 2.5’s multisamples and use of effects to get that perfect piano for your breakdowns.

Check it out!

Thanks for this Tips , i like the EQ.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, I’m a little confused though, you said we need the multisample expansion, which i imagine is how we get that list of multisamples shown at 3:46, I checked (and redownloaded and installed to be sure) and i have the ANA 2 Multisample Expansion Pack, but even with a plugin rescan and loading a new instance of ANA 2, I’m still not getting this multisamples list in the Sampler 4 area?

So if you have the ANA 2 Multisample Expansion Pack and start from an INIT patch to navigate the Sampler Oscillators samples browser ( 1 ), you need to go to the DETAILED browser view ( 2 ) and select the DLC category ( 3 ) and then the Multisamples bank ( 4 ) to see those files.

This is where the files are located after a default installation :wink:

Getting my pianos to cut in a full mix is something I’ve struggled with. I’m excited to go revisit some old projects to try these tips out!

1 Like

Welcome aboard on the forums and thanks for posting ! :sunglasses:

Thank youj for doing this “crash tip course”. I started using actually ANA first time ever, and this course not only gave me an idea of this trance piano but gave me the basics how ANA works and it’s workflow. The only thing I struggle was I had no glue what this package is - and maybe to good to mention that is a package that needs a purchase of the package. But sounds like the 90’s piano is in “a default package” when you install a fresh ANA instance.

1 Like

Yes the 90s Dance Piano multi sample preset is part of ANA 2.5 default installation :+1:

There’s an expansion presets pack available for purchase here : ANA 2 Multisample Expansion Pack adding 30 different multi sample instruments and 100 presets in total to expand ANA 2.5 multi sampling feature :wink:

Nice and simple tutorial, will get some use out of this one! :+1:t3:

1 Like

Nice, short and productive course to rearch the best possible sound for a piano to be used in a trance track, applying a reduced number of effects.

1 Like