Techno beat

Hello! Please help to create the same bit in ableton live SAMPLE

thanks

Thats a nice easy beat man for a sunday question.

You can tap that Bassdrum out on your keyboard to get where the hits are at… in 10 Seconds flat :slight_smile:

Import the clip into Live & slow it down to get it right.

Its just a Kick and a sidechained loop to the Kick pattern  - in the background… so you’ll need to get some dirty old techno loop & fck it up a bit & sidechain it.

Thats enough to get you pointed in the right direction.

Wecome to the forum btw…

Call me paronoid but I won’t download something from any forum unless I know them for a while so I can’t listen to it - much better if you can find a yt link and point when it starts

[quote]slender (04/07/2010)[hr]Call me paronoid but I won’t download something from any forum unless I know them for a while so I can’t listen to it - much better if you can find a yt link and point when it starts[/quote]

Its Zippyshare…

There’s a play button, which is probably no better when you see “Russian Girls LOVE Americans!” Adverts… but y’know, psychologically - I feel a little cleaner :slight_smile:

Theres a player on the link, you don’t have to d/l.

Hey Slender - Did you check out what note “Nomad Spectrum” was registering in Span yet? :P

[quote]onetwoseven (04/07/2010)[hr]Theres a player on the link, you don’t have to d/l.

[/quote]

Ah my bad:P

[quote]ICN (04/07/2010)[hr]Hey Slender - Did you check out what note “Nomad Spectrum” was registering in Span yet?:P[/quote]

Yes Z

Sweet!

Thats Bat’s favourite note :smiley:

[quote]ICN (04/07/2010)[hr]Sweet!

Thats Bat’s favourite note :D[/quote]

Actually I should have said sick note - boom boom

lately I’ve imported this clip in Live and pressed “Slice to New Midi Track”. But this method didn’t help me at all because hi hat’s in this clip have swing and I don’t know how to replicate it…

thx

[quote]hermes45 (05/07/2010)[hr]lately I’ve imported this clip in Live and pressed “Slice to New Midi Track”. But this method didn’t help me at all because hi hat’s in this clip have swing and I don’t know how to replicate it…

thx[/quote]

That’ll help you get the groove & mess around with the slices to create your own interpretation etc… but it wont break it down into the individual layers.

Time to get your hands dirty a little… Bring the clip in, slow it right down & play along. After a while, you’ll find out / understand how to make different types of patterns on the grid.

As for the loop - thats more than likely a techno loop of some sort. Grab a nice full loop and pick put an interesting1 or 2 bar rhythm from the middle somewhere, loop that, take out all the lows & compress / distort it to hell.