Tempo of your songs

Just wondering what you guys think would be too slow, i am doing a track at 107bpm, you think that would be too slow for the dance floor, its a disco inspired track and disco was pretty slow, just wondering what you think, you ever make tracks under 110bpm?

128 - 138 for me 107 and I’d leave the club

[quote]gofunk (08/12/2010)[hr]128 - 138 for me 107 and I’d leave the club[/quote]

…or fall asleep :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol sorry but the above statements ia total BS. There is music like reggaeton, RnB, Hip Hop that is sometimes 90bpm and if you heard that stuff in a club ESPECIALLY reggaeton and you dont start dancing there is something wrong with your ears and head. But to the original poster its all about your groove and your beats your usuall suspects of genre’s in dance music would not be that low in BPM unless it was something like an extremely progressive type track. But stuff like the genres mentioned above if done right can be lethal in clubs.

a bunch of dubstep is at 70 bpm. people groove to it all the time.

Also a lot of Nu-Disco is at 105 - 120 bpm

This was massive and it is 110 bpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHs6-xypiaI

Having said that I think I would aim at a little faster, maybe 115 bpm

[quote]jjdejong0 (08/12/2010)[hr]Lol sorry but the above statements ia total BS. There is music like reggaeton, RnB, Hip Hop that is sometimes 90bpm and if you heard that stuff in a club ESPECIALLY reggaeton and you dont start dancing there is something wrong with your ears and head. But to the original poster its all about your groove and your beats your usuall suspects of genre’s in dance music would not be that low in BPM unless it was something like an extremely progressive type track. But stuff like the genres mentioned above if done right can be lethal in clubs.[/quote]

ok dair point but isnt is site about dance music?

noone said anytghing about rnb or any other bullocks liker so no it is not BS re dance music if you ask me! but that just me. lets see you dance in a trance club at 107bmp… boring!

Reggaeton and rnb can fall under dance music or club music. If you went to the US you can see clubs going mad to rap, rnb, hip hop etc etc it can be extremely danceable music. I mean its not my cup of tea either but i have to take my hat off to how groovy some of these genres are and how good this stuff sounds in a club. But yes trance wouldnt work at this bpm but if i was in a club and the music was at 85bpm i wouldnt leave . . . Most clubs that play mainstream commercial stuff like Justin Timberlake or Rhianna etc is at a very low bpm, if it was boring and un danceable the clubs would be empty and i bet these commercial clibs hav way more people in em on average than yoir local trance night… Sad but true…

[quote]UnitedVision (08/12/2010)[hr]a bunch of dubstep is at 70 bpm. people groove to it all the time.

[/quote]

Is it not that its actually @ 140bpm? and the Kick / Snare are in 1/2 time?

The Bass / Perc / Hats / Riddim definitely bounces like 140 to me.

Is there really 70bpm D’step? Doomstep?! :stuck_out_tongue:

1/2 time Kick+Snare @ 35bpm? The Kids these days! :smiley: :hehe: :cool: