Thank you Sonic Academy for helping me get an officail release

That’s right,

I am getting my first official release on No Sense of Place Records sometime around April (hopefully before I turn 19 on the 25th of April)

Im so excited.

haven’t used this site a whole lot but I do feel like it helped me fill in the gap on things I didn’t know. So thanks a lot.

And here is the song that is going to be released.

This isn’t the final version or mastered but it is pretty much what is going to be released. And the artwork I just made for fun, the real one will have a different cover.

Justin Perea- Inhale (Original Mix) by JustinPerea

Grats Justin! That’s fantastic news :smiley:

well done mate!

did you want your track to just get release or were you targeting that label and found sonic academy to have connections with them?

now i have a lot of favorite labels taht i would like to get on. isn’t it as simple as just sending them your sound cloud and the songs you want to release under their label then wait 1 week or 1 month to see if approved? now if they disapprove, don’t you just go to the next favorite label and repeat until you get accepted?

curious because maybe by the end of this year i’d have a complete 10 track LP i’d like to release so i have like 40 favorite labels, is this what i should do to try to get on it?

also of course i like the labels cause of style, tracks so i would like to blend in and do it my style.

[quote]cutflow (26/02/2011)[hr]did you want your track to just get release or were you targeting that label and found sonic academy to have connections with them?

now i have a lot of favorite labels taht i would like to get on. isn’t it as simple as just sending them your sound cloud and the songs you want to release under their label then wait 1 week or 1 month to see if approved? now if they disapprove, don’t you just go to the next favorite label and repeat until you get accepted?

curious because maybe by the end of this year i’d have a complete 10 track LP i’d like to release so i have like 40 favorite labels, is this what i should do to try to get on it?

also of course i like the labels cause of style, tracks so i would like to blend in and do it my style.[/quote]

I was thanking Sonic Academy because they helped a lot on the way of learning production and they still help

I consider my self lucky.

I’ve been talking to the label almost a year, I never sent any labels anything they just happened to run into my myspace back in the day.

And we kept in and out of touch on facebook over the year.

About 2 months ago they just started releasing songs on beatport and Juno etc (its pretty much a new label ran by A dj, producer, and 2 promoters in Italy). One of the guys asked me if I had any new original tracks that I wanted to send over to them to possibly be released. So I sent them this track and the loved it, so they are going to release it.

But I do know getting releases is about sending your tracks to labels and just hopping for the best.

I haven’t sent any my self because I was doing remix contest for awhile and never did originals and obviously I can’t release remixes.

But I hope that answered your question for the most part.

[quote]justinperea (26/02/2011)[hr][quote]cutflow (26/02/2011)[hr]did you want your track to just get release or were you targeting that label and found sonic academy to have connections with them?

also of course i like the labels cause of style, tracks so i would like to blend in and do it my style.[/quote]

I was thanking Sonic Academy because they helped a lot on the way of learning production and they still help

I consider my self lucky.

I’ve been talking to the label almost a year, I never sent any labels anything they just happened to run into my myspace back in the day.

And we kept in and out of touch on facebook over the year.

About 2 months ago they just started releasing songs on beatport and Juno etc (its pretty much a new label ran by A dj, producer, and 2 promoters in Italy). One of the guys asked me if I had any new original tracks that I wanted to send over to them to possibly be released. So I sent them this track and the loved it, so they are going to release it.

But I do know getting releases is about sending your tracks to labels and just hopping for the best.

I haven’t sent any my self because I was doing remix contest for awhile and never did originals and obviously I can’t release remixes.

But I hope that answered your question for the most part.[/quote]

well lemme read my question again cause i forgot ;D ok so sounds like you been specifically targeting that label.

yes you pretty much answered my question, send the track/s to the label and hope for the best, if disapproved then move on to the next label and keep going until one of the labels accepts whatever project you want to release under their name. then when you come up with new track/s then start from the beginning of the list again with the labels that disapproved you at first and see if they accept your new projects this time. etc

its a game, you have to play. lol

Nice one J - best of luck to you mate