The Best VST Synth in the World today

Opinion is always personal @ the end of the day - but interesting that SYLENTH was voted tops! :slight_smile:

No.1: [url]http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/the-17-best-vst-plug-in-synths-in-the-world-today-262145/18#content[/url]

Full list:

[url]http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/the-17-best-vst-plug-in-synths-in-the-world-today-262145#content[/url]

Interesting I don’t own any off the others

i’m sure its not just voted top because it’s the best sounding. i’m sure that there are many reason that push sylenth to the top of that list and i would have to agree with them.

it’s not the best sounding synth, its not the most flexible and it’s not the most cpu friendly, its also not the simplest synth to use. however its extremely good in all of these departments and probably the reason why its voted as the best synth.

not the best imo… there is alot better out there… This would fall though in one of the simplest vst synths in the world today.

[quote]howiegroove (23/07/2010)[hr]not the best imo… there is alot better out there… This would fall though in one of the simplest vst synths in the world today.[/quote]

you’d have to agree though howard its probably the best all round vst

it was the first that sounded as good as hardware for a decent price… I love it sooooo much. Its like back when you had hardware and just loved one synth and could get nearly any sound you wanted.

first vst ive really got to know and love inside out like my old hardware.

I really really like the subtractor in reason, now its not a vst but it is **** hot!

[quote]WayneFontaine (23/07/2010)[hr]I really really like the subtractor in reason, now its not a vst but it is **** hot![/quote]

Me too… Love that little thing.

i cant accept any top soft “synth” list that includes plugins that arent synths.its like top djs lists that include multiple people that arent actually djs.

[quote]jon_fisher (23/07/2010)[hr]

its also not the simplest synth to use.[/quote]

it doesnt really get much simpler than this,but to me its one of sylenths pluses.

Anyone using Imposcar? Are it and Sylenth fairly similar?

I’d have voted Sylenth too, i love it!! I’ve tried other synths but i just keep returning back to Sylenth.

I’d love it if Sylenth did a hardware version!

[quote]bobby lupo (25/07/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (23/07/2010)[hr]

its also not the simplest synth to use.[/quote]

it doesnt really get much simpler than this,but to me its one of sylenths pluses.[/quote]

ABL or any of the 303 emulations hehe thats what i mean, didn’t mean it was a hard synth to use. maybe i should have worded that a lot better lol

[quote]bobby lupo (25/07/2010)[hr]i cant accept any top soft “synth” list that includes plugins that arent synths.its like top djs lists that include multiple people that arent actually djs.[/quote]

very true, if its a top “synth” list it should just have synths in the list