The difference from a release ready track and an amature production... Discussion

Discuss…

knowledge, effort, time, patients, ears, skill. in that order

[quote]phil johnston (23/04/2010)[hr]knowledge, effort, time, patients, ears, skill. in that order[/quote]

this… end if discussion! :smiley:

For me it’s Arrangement, Mixing and Professional Mastering in that order.

having a good looking girl for your cover art

[quote]tommyt (23/04/2010)[hr]having a good looking girl for your cover art[/quote]

…and if your a superstar she might come home with you :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]tommyt (23/04/2010)[hr]having a good looking girl for your cover art[/quote]

lol

[quote]phil johnston (23/04/2010)[hr]knowledge, effort, time, patients, ears, skill. in that order[/quote]

Knowledge = Time / Practice

Effort = Time / Practice

Time = Time

Patients (i imagine you meant patience) = Time

Ears = Time / Practice

Skill = Time / Practice.

So what have we learnt here?

TIME & PRACTICE are the two fundimentals that make the difference? :smiley:

Both something you can’t teach in a tutorial :unsure: :frowning:

i think also depeds of the creativity of a producer to make a killer track . i know some people who  are not the greatest producers and they make some groovie music . they never been in a school for msuic production. they just have that natural talent of creating rythm  in a weird way . i am sure if they go to school and learn some more theory they might became the next big thing in Music .

IMO talent counts at least 60 %.

So it took 9 posts for ‘talent’ to get a look in.

That about says it all!

Muy bien dicho alinenunez!

[quote]bangthedj (23/04/2010)[hr]So it took 9 posts for ‘talent’ to get a look in.

That about says it all!

Muy bien dicho alinenunez![/quote]

hahaha :smiley:

there are talented producers that get nowhere and less talented producers that make it all the way… talent is a factor but hard work and determination is far more important.

you could learn any thing we teach here at sonic given enough time. all we are trying to do is save you some time… for a small price of course.

if i had this resource when i was was starting up i would have bit your arm off for it… it took me 2 years of investigation figuring out what a filter was and another year to get a sample of a 909. you learn that stuff in a few vids here.

[quote]phil johnston (24/04/2010)[hr]there are talented producers that get nowhere and less talented producers that make it all the way… talent is a factor but hard work and determination is far more important.

you could learn any thing we teach here at sonic given enough time. all we are trying to do is save you some time… for a small price of course.

if i had this resource when i was was starting up i would have bit your arm off for it… it took me 2 years of investigation figuring out what a filter was and another year to get a sample of a 909. you learn that stuff in a few vids here.

[/quote]

so true

kinda disagree with some of this (but only some of the time) i’ve met producers that really have no technical or Music Knowledge and have still managed to release tracks on both vinyl, Cd and digital, one even got in the Uk top 40 lol. with those guys it was down to timing, Money and Luck.

i think one of the major differences between a pro and bedroom producer is detail in the mix, the small things that pro’s have picked up on. i also think a good pro knows when to stop producing a track, some bedroom tracks are very over produced.