The groovy gang

[quote]slender (16/11/2011)[hr]Don;t the majority of us do it as a hobby - well I hope so otherwise we’ll need another section called Food parcels

I was chatting to a friend this morning who is fairly well known in my genre, has over 4k followers, djs etc etc - he and the label had a big promotion of his track with remix comp etc etc = and he only sold 24 copies - fckn mad[/quote]

Damn, sorry for your mate but that somehow makes me feel better. You know you produce something, put your heart into it, know that it stands up well enough in the genre it’s in (not the best for sure but far from the worst too), then the sales are just ‘meh’.

I don’t care about the sales from a financial perspective, just want people to listen to and like the tracks. Oh well, keep plugging away.

I dont know if you know Patty Labelle ( some famous singer ) . i met her once. and she told me that she was about to give up many times. her mom kicked out of her house, her Husband back then wanted to have kids . and she kept refusing to give up .

she got divorced then she was homeless. and she decided to have a regular job and go back to school, and have a family .

well at the end she felt still unhappy because that was not meant to be for her.

she got spotted for a record manager when she was working as a server in a restaurant and then the rest is history .

where i go with this.

yes there is many people who just do it as a hobby and it is fine , because at the end it is a hobby .

but if you want to make it as a profession it is a totally different history .

. what i am trying to say it is that sometimes those things are not meant to be for us , like acting , MMA fighter ETC. . because we know that deep in our heart our calling is different.

70% of people who started to produce music in this past 5 years already quit producing Music and started to get jobs . because there is no money to make Producing Music . and those are the facts

if you want to make money with it , first of all your heart have to be there 100% and it is hard if you dont feel that way .

good luck with your carrier i am sure at the end of the day Slender will ask you for a Loan :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]alinenunez (18/11/2011)[hr]I dont know if you know Patty Labelle ( some famous singer ) . i met her once. and she told me that she was about to give up many times. her mom kicked out of her house, her Husband back then wanted to have kids . and she kept refusing to give up .

she got divorced then she was homeless. and she decided to have a regular job and go back to school, and have a family .

well at the end she felt still unhappy because that was not meant to be for her.

she got spotted for a record manager when she was working as a server in a restaurant and then the rest is history.

where i go with this.

yes there is many people who just do it as a hobby and it is fine , because at the end it is a hobby .

but if you want to make it as a profession it is a totally different story .

. what i am trying to say it is that sometimes those things are not meant to be for us , like acting , MMA fighter ETC. . because we know that deep in our heart our calling is different.

70% of people who started to produce music in this past 5 years already quit producing Music and started to get jobs . because there is no money to make Producing Music . and those are the facts

if you want to make money with it , first of all your heart have to be there 100% and it is hard if you dont feel that way .

good luck with your carrier i am sure at the end of the day Slender will ask you for a Loan :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

There’s only money in producing if you really like DJing or Performing Live too… thats the hard truth that many have to face, not very many people can go up in front of crowd and DJ or play live well. Stupid drunkards…

Quoted in BOLD above: english euphemisms are hard:P

[quote]alinenunez (18/11/2011)[hr]

[/quote]

Why, will Slender need to transport something too? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :hehe: :cool:

Aliens have been looking through your windows again Slender - time to put the tinfoil back up :smiley:

You can tell Aline has coke smuggling on his mind :slight_smile:

[quote]slender (18/11/2011)[hr]You can tell Aline has coke smuggling on his mind :)[/quote]

and that is where my funds to keep Producing will come for the next 10 years :P.

[quote]Walshyyy (18/11/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (18/11/2011)[hr]I dont know if you know Patty Labelle ( some famous singer ) . i met her once. and she told me that she was about to give up many times. her mom kicked out of her house, her Husband back then wanted to have kids . and she kept refusing to give up .

she got spotted for a record manager when she was working as a server in a restaurant and then the rest is history.

where i go with this.

but if you want to make it as a profession it is a totally different story .

[/quote]

There’s only money in producing if you really like DJing or Performing Live too… thats the hard truth that many have to face, not very many people can go up in front of crowd and DJ or play live well. Stupid drunkards…

Quoted in BOLD above: english euphemisms are hard:P[/quote]

Drinks Help lol

[quote]alinenunez (18/11/2011)[hr][quote]slender (18/11/2011)[hr]You can tell Aline has coke smuggling on his mind :)[/quote]

and that is where my funds to keep Producing will come for the next 10 years :P.[/quote]

Either that or you be banging your tin cup on prison bars for 20 :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]slender (18/11/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (18/11/2011)[hr][quote]slender (18/11/2011)[hr]You can tell Aline has coke smuggling on his mind :)[/quote]

and that is where my funds to keep Producing will come for the next 10 years :P.[/quote]

Either that or you be banging your tin cup on prison bars for 20 :P[/quote]

or you will see me in an Episode of Locked up Abroad lol