The story behind your forum username

Ok so there are some pretty unique usernames on the forum, share your story about why you chose that name and how it came about?

So for example, is it your DJ / Artist name? Did you make it up? Did friends make it up? Why did you choose it? Etc.

Slender Fall was the name of a punk band i formed in the dark ages - used slendefall as a usemame on online games and forums ever since - also use slend

Anything else you want to know roben, height, colour of eyes :P:hehe::smiley:

i used to go on betfair alot and trade the gee-gees and the football matches. when i signed up i thought hmmm… betting… whos rich… oh, john paul getty…  then it asks you to make sure the usernames got a number in it… ermmmm 2… win?   and thats how it happened.

my producer name is carnehan after michael caines character in the man who would be king movie.

my dad got drunk (he needed too) banged my mum, 9 months later i popped out, my parents named me jon fisher, the _ came from a silly typo when i signed up but its all good.

There’s me and there’s Block.Punch.

That one came into being 'cos I’ve been doing a lot of that for 30 years plus, my first production kit was a Tenori-On, which is all about the blocks - and I tried to get them to be punchy. There you go…

im the second born in my family and they’ve always called me egg2 :slight_smile:

Back in early 2000 i used to go by the DJ name of Rob N, through the years though i noticed an increase in DJs coming about with the same formula of ‘first name + second name initial’ so it became to cliché and ridiculas.

I wanted to stand out more than that so i just put an ‘E’ in the middle of the Rob N and made it into one word. Turned out pretty unique really and it’s stuck since.

[quote]egg2 (04/09/2010)[hr]im the second born in my family and they’ve always called me egg2 :)[/quote]

LOL i always wondered why you were called egg2, thought it may have been a nickname after something to do with a farting problem or such :laugh:

[quote]roben (04/09/2010)[hr][quote]egg2 (04/09/2010)[hr]im the second born in my family and they’ve always called me egg2 :)[/quote]

LOL i always wondered why you were called egg2, thought it may have been a nickname after something to do with a farting problem or such :laugh:[/quote]

trust me if it was that he would be called “spunk n tuna”

About 10 years ago, i went thru a slew of DJ names. One day, i said howiegroove. Since my first name is Howard (howie for short) and i threw groove on the end. When I told my friend and asked what he thought of it, he goes “thats frickin AMAZING!!!”. I didnt really get it. He goes “you dont???”

Howiegroove

How we groove…

I made a play on words and I didnt even know it. It stuck.

how we groove…

lmao

i never got that… how thick am i… lol

+1

+1

[quote]jpgetty2win (04/09/2010)[hr]how we groove…

lmao

i never got that…how thick am i… lol[/quote]

No it’s ok, i didn’t notice it either till it was just pointed out.

Very cleverly done! :slight_smile:

well i was reading papers done by psychologist and i ran into one that was titled Life is a dream and i remember it saying that we are the subjects to that dream and thats when i thought of Subject 1 the end :smiley:

bows

Im thick too though… I didnt get it till my boy pointed it out. :smiley:

THIS IS how we groove. Love it!

Mine took months to decide but finally I came up with mussi81. Mussi is short for my name,musselwhite and 81 is the year of my birth! It’s a classic name and is known worldwide!

A nickname from school. I used to have a rather sizeable haircut!