Thinking of switch from Cubase 5 to Ableton

I’ll ask again, why does ableton need to be rewired into one of the daws you mentioned.

well you know how you tell people that ask very basic questions to use google…:w00t:

[quote]jjdejong0 (15/09/2010)[hr]I’ll ask again, why does ableton need to be rewired into one of the daws you mentioned.[/quote]

simple answer is if you’re mixing stems then there is “NO REASON” only an idiot would rewire and waste cpu to mix simple stems, if however you wanted to edit the stems or add effects then you may want to take advantage of options available to you from both DAW’s at the same time

[quote]bobby lupo (15/09/2010)[hr]well you know how you tell people that ask very basic questions to use google…:w00t:[/quote]

You really are condescending man .

this is truly a good question & great food for thought…

which daw, which plugs, to rewire or not to rewire & so wonderfully on & on…

One can not help but be blown away by the tools at hand & the technology pool that just doesn’t get any smaller or easier ( viewed by the eyes of a beginner), its surly daunting

at times.

The great news is that you can use both daws, different plugs, on different platforms, can even write with a partner who lives on the other side of the globe in real time if you wanna…

My point being… what stimulates us…? what inspires us?

can you emulate into program what you hear?

At the end of the day regardless of our fantastic technical options …

we need to get in there & program using any means available that are rich in

inspiration & bypass the endless beautiful options that are out there ( if you know what I mean? )

For me, I love vid tutorials, & the more I watch the more I understand that its not about which daw or plug or whatever, its about us hearing something & knowing how

to recreate it help a bunch with the tools at hand. My mate uses Ableton 6 ? & uses all the free tal plugs & man… I’m not kidding, his **** rocks the planet earth baby!

Another mate uses a old emu ESI 32 with 2mb of ram in it for his drum kits… man, his kits sound un Fken real … the filters in that old sampler would lift the roof of any gaf…

lol… mental S
t !

happy programing dudes… as one great singer once said " lets get it on" (baby):smiley:

P.s. I use Cubase & Ableton ! hi5

Lenners

Lol yer you are totally right ‘everytime’ someone asks for any help I just post telling them to use google. Mabey you should double check that… Also I doubt if I used google to search this as you suggested that I will find any answers, the reason being is that what you stated is completely false. I don’t search google for nonsense people like you spout, I search it for facts.

[quote]jon_fisher (15/09/2010)[hr][quote]jjdejong0 (15/09/2010)[hr]I’ll ask again, why does ableton need to be rewired into one of the daws you mentioned.[/quote]

simple answer is if you’re mixing stems then there is “NO REASON” only an idiot would rewire and waste cpu to mix simple stems, if however you wanted to edit the stems or add effects then you may want to take advantage of options available to you from both DAW’s at the same time[/quote]

right nobody is saying that you HAVE to do this. its just preference.

personally I have been trying to spend a lot of time building my mixing & eq skills. my biggest goal right now is trying to get my tracks just more professional sounding.

I use the ableton eq-eight when I am writing stuff to help with the sound. Obviously I also do automation & general mixing as I write so that the process is not as intensive later.

However, maby its just me… but overall I just prefer to use the mixer on cubase. and to your point, technically when I am rewiring I am adding effects as well because I use the cubase EQ at this point as well. maby I should have added that before. I really like the EQ on cubase better than the one on Ableton. It gives a much better visual representation of the sound wave then just playing with the eq-eight. maby for those that have more experience with the eqing process ableton-eight is easier… but for someone like me just learning the science of sound it helps me learn things much easier.

by the time I start using rewire, the entire track is basically written already. its the final process i think that has been helping me put the finishing touch on making the track sound better. atleast since I got my new monitors a while ago! i will also say that I have yet to have a single processing blip while doing this. my pc never misses a beat.

but hey if you have a real reason why I might just be fooling myself lemme know!