This Classic Synth, sounds so simple, but I cant get it!

First Synth, sounds kinda percussion-ey.

Hey Man…

Thats an organ sound. They probably used a preset of some hardware keyboard.

A quick google search talks about an Organ patch from a Casio (I think…) CZ101. I’m sure there are probably sample packs around. Possibly even multisamples.

Also seen something about a Korg M1 Organ Patch.  Think you can buy all those Korg Keyboards for $49 now, so might be worth looking at getting a demo of the M1 from Korg.

A lot of those tunes that used the organ like that used it for bass… so there could also be some layering in there too… But in the meantime, look through your own Synths or Free Synths for organ sounds. With a bit of tweaking, you might get something similar.

There is a tutorial on sounds to sample website on how to make a classic organ sound its in logic but any 3 osc synth will work.

Maya Janes collins turtorial, above is right, it was a preset.

Regards

Ana

Redirecting...

New EP out on Whartone next week : )

yeah, that’s an organ stab sound.

I hear ya on trying to get it right.  It takes time and patience.

Mess around with some organ sounds, low pass filter settings and resonance on the filter.

The envelope sounds pretty sharp.  High sustain but not alot of release.

I don’t know if there is any modulation on the filter, but if there is, it’s subtle.

The sound also has clearly audible harmonics at the 5th, octave, #9, #11 and major 7th past the octave, so if you are using ableton, add a resonator and set the upper resonators to +7, +12, +15, +18, and +23 with the +7 being the most obvious of the bunch with regards to volume and you’ll have a close match. (The other resonators can be slightly louder than not being heard at all, meaning…set them really low or to taste)

Jamie

[quote]JamieinNC (20/04/2011)[hr]The sound also has clearly audible harmonics at the 5th, octave, #9, #11 and major 7th past the octave, so if you are using ableton, add a resonator and set the upper resonators to +7, +12, +15, +18, and +23 with the +7 being the most obvious of the bunch with regards to volume and you’ll have a close match. (The other resonators can be slightly louder than not being heard at all, meaning…set them really low or to taste)

Jamie[/quote]

Lol are you serious? I mean you could be taking the pi** and I wouldn’t know any different lol :wink: