This is for Phil

That’s a crazy story! Makes me scared to signed a contract tbh

you know the first time you sign to a label they will pull your pants down!

I think I’d rather just start my own label than deal with that crap.

[quote]Mussi81 (10/10/2011)[hr]That’s a crazy story! Makes me scared to signed a contract tbh

[/quote]

Don;t worry James mate - you won’t ever have that problem :P:D:w00t::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

But on a more serious note I don’t really why people are so surprised - there are 1000s of wannabes out there who think that getting signed is their road to stardom, so it not surprising labels take advantage of them

I know that I will never see a penny from any release I have done or will do - thats basically a fact of life for most of us - do I care nope - will I stop getting tracks signed - nope

[quote]ICN (10/10/2011)[hr]They did that to a Fkn Baby?!

Thats child abuse! :wink: :smiley:

Tough story Phil. Know someone else with a similar story to that actually.

Its a case of once bitten, twice shy now. They’re a real control freak because of it & dont blame them.

Thanks for sharing Man. Karma will get them - dont worry.[/quote]

Yeah i think everything happens for a reason… I really enjoy doing this so couldnt be happier. No doubt the guys behind it will die sad and lonley.

gotta say that the story touched even my cold heart. Really saddens me when I hear this kind of thing.

[quote]dom_moulton (10/10/2011)[hr]gotta say that the story touched even my cold heart. [/quote]

:smiley:

It really sucks that they did that Phil but at least we can all try to learn from that experience.

Thanks for sharing that with us Phil, really puts things into perspective doesn’t it! Bet it happens to loads of people every year, year in year out.

[quote]slender (10/10/2011)[hr][quote]Mussi81 (10/10/2011)[hr]That’s a crazy story! Makes me scared to signed a contract tbh

[/quote]

Don;t worry James mate - you won’t ever have that problem :P:D:w00t::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

[/quote]

you dirty ******* :w00t::hehe:

What I don’t really understand is, like if you already made a name for yourself as making armin’s favorite track and being the best trance track of a year and etc… then why would it be hard to continue by joining a big name label without any thing to stab you in the back. I know you said you don’t want to be famous but as a general question it would still be possible for you to do very well for yourself just based off your previous accomplishments wouldn’t it?

[quote]Decebal (10/10/2011)[hr]What I don’t really understand is, like if you already made a name for yourself as making armin’s favorite track and being the best trance track of a year and etc… then why would it be hard to continue by joining a big name label without any thing to stab you in the back. I know you said you don’t want to be famous but as a general question it would still be possible for you to do very well for yourself just based off your previous accomplishments wouldn’t it?[/quote]

Yeah i guess… Would mean spending all my time producing which i cant really do now.

Im getting a studio built soon in the back garden so ill be able work much later which will defo give me more time to make tunes.

[quote]Roben (10/10/2011)[hr]Thanks for sharing that with us Phil, really puts things into perspective doesn’t it! Bet it happens to loads of people every year, year in year out.

[/quote]

it happens to tons of people. Probably has happened to most A-list producers when they were coming up as well

Don’t give up your day jobs lads, I think that’s the motto of the story. Make music for enjoyment and if anything good comes from it at all just be thankful.

I’m actually in college right now studying to become a record label manager as well as a producer so I am making music my life but even if I mess up or I just can’t make good music I still have business as a backup. side note: would you guys say business marketing or management as a major for the music industry?

Lol check the youtube comments if you want a bit of cheering up Phil, just to show the stupidity of some people…

‘Most of you people are pretty stupid. Armin isn’t even the creator of this masterpiece. Please give all recognition to, Daniel Kandi a world wide sensation.’

I have a question tho Phil, seeing as your all in the same boat with the other guys from Coast 2 Coast, you gotta have respect for Gleave Dobbin for just saying **** it and carrying on. Do you still ever speak to him or see him?

Hes still putting out some bangin tracks imo, good for him :slight_smile:

Also i kinda feel Susana ruined that, Discovery is in a whole other league vocally, they should of just got her to re sing it would of been a hell of a lot better imo…

Yeah I see gleave from time to time… He’s a top bloke… Been DJing since he was 12 win the local DMC Comp at 13.

Guess it makes more sense banging out the tunes cause he’s a DJ. he gets his stuff produced at Davy ost studio in belfast. I produced a couple of the first ones… Lights out and somthing else I can’t remember.

Penny (discovery) is my big sisters best mate so see her a fair bit too. Working on a track at the minute that Ill be asking her to do some vox on. She’s currently in a punk band!

I dont know if you were all aware of this but Gleave has actually also done a modern version of Home. Its coming out with High Contrast records from Holland so lets hope it does well for him. Ive heard it and its got a nice clubby feel to it. Im not too keen on the new vocals tho but there better than Susanas…

This thread should be accompanied by the music from the end credits of the original incredible hulk series. Or the theme tune to love story. Or the Theme from the Deer Hunter. Darn it, now i’m really crying.

Oh my God! They killed Hazel!! You Bastards!! :w00t: 

<EMBED height=315 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=560 src=- YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>