Tips for sending out promo tracks

Ok, so say you’ve finished a track you’re happy with but are not looking to get it signed, you’d rather just put it out as a free download, does anyone have any tips on sending out a promo email to djs and artists? i.e where to get djs promo email addresses from or how to get it in the hands of a decent music blog?br
br
K x

Hi mate, br
br
There a a few things you can try however it really depends on who you know. br
br
If you’re signed up with a label then you can ask them to promote it on their page as a freebie, and upload on their SC. br
br
If you are very chummy you can ask the label to make it a free release on their promo pool which means all the DJs will get it too. br
br
Other than that you are posting in groups. br
br
Hope this helps. br
br
-=D

Are you willing to pay to have your track promoted? There are promo companies that offer such services.

I have tried hypeddit.com for the first time this friday to promote my new techno track MARS EXPLORER [RECHARGED]. It lets you set up a fan gate for a free download, where every downloader gives you a like, follow and comment. Do I find that ethical? Absolutely. If you spend dozens of hours creating a song and give it away for free, you deserve a like, follow and comment. br
br
My track has reached 1000 plays in about one and a half days, I never reached that through Facebook or YouTube or any other social media site. I would recommend it! It depends how often its reposted by followers with a big audience though.br
br
Here is the track, by now nearly 3000 plays in just 4 days.br
br
Stream Fluid Karma vs. ImpulseGame | Mars Explorer [Recharged] by Fluid Karma | Listen online for free on SoundCloud