Too much Techology :(

well i finally replaced my Old pentium 4 for a new PC with I7 . and  man i can say that I7 is a real beast . bu i have a big issue .

I have so many choices that i didnt know what to do . it is very overwhelming to use so much power and not be able to progress .

i felt stuck because of the many choices of plug  ins or Synths that i can lay down in my DAW . I uderstand now ,why many people have issues making  Music.

with so may options, i felt that my creativity decreased because of the power  that i can do whatever i want with out consequences .

i know that this might be a temporal thing but what i know is that when i had my Old PC, with limited options , i end up bouncig audio back to back to the DAW to save CPU and using more my creativity to achieve great results and also save cpu. monster .

that just me , maybe i miss working on my Old Pentium 4  :frowning:

[quote]alinenunez (19/04/2010)[hr]well i finally replaced my Old pentium 4 for a new PC with I7 . and man i can say that I7 is a real beast . bu i have a big issue .

I have so many choices that i didnt know what to do . it is very overwhelming to use so much power and not be able to progress .

i felt stuck because of the many choices ofplug ins or Synths that i can lay down in my DAW . I uderstand now ,why many people have issues making Music.

with so may options, i felt that my creativity decreased becauseof the powerthat i can do whatever i want with out consequences .

i know that this might be a temporal thing but what i know is that when i had my Old PC, with limited options, i end up bouncig audio back to back to the DAW to save CPU and using more my creativity to achieve great results and also save cpu. monster .

that just me , maybe i miss working on my Old Pentium 4 :([/quote]

its not just you, i have had several opportunities to upgrade my mac to something more power full but haven’t because of this reason. i know when i upgraded from my old mac to this one i was just about using everything i could and loosing all creativity, now as the instruments get more cpu hungry and i need to be more careful my creativity has started to come back. for me at least the upgrade isn’t going to happen until i finally run out of cpu altogether :slight_smile:

I seem to make the best songs in the world in my head, but once I sit in front of the computer, its all lost on trying to find the right plug for the sounds. Then I usually lose the whole flow of the project and abandon. I wish there was a way to just transport what’s in your brain without having to put program anything…

Raymond

:w00t:

yeahh i wish there would be a plug in for it to. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]raymondsar (20/04/2010)[hr]I seem to make the best songs in the world in my head, but once I sit in front of the computer, its all lost on trying to find the right plug for the sounds. Then I usually lose the whole flow of the project and abandon. I wish there was a way to just transport what’s in your brain without having to put program anything…

Raymond[/quote]

lol the amount of people that have spoken about this, its so funny when it comes up in a conversation. maybe its sitting in front of the computer that slows the creative flow, one day someone will create this plug-in and we will all spend a fortune on it only to find out that once we sit in front of our machines our heads go blank lol. we’ve spent a fortune only to realize that if we had took our studio to somewhere more inspiring we could have created those tracks with the stock plug-ins :slight_smile:

[quote]raymondsar (20/04/2010)[hr]I seem to make the best songs in the world in my head, but once I sit in front of the computer, its all lost on trying to find the right plug for the sounds. Then I usually lose the whole flow of the project and abandon. I wish there was a way to just transport what’s in your brain without having to put program anything…

Raymond[/quote]

Hey Ray,

Here is something that helps me out. When I have a strike of “brilliance” or whatever on a note sequence, I will just fire up a preset or init preset and sequence in my pattern. Then, when I have problems with ideas, I will start tinkering sounds for that specific pattern.

Something else to do, is to go in and pick 5 favorite presets. These can be your go to presets when you are trying to get your inspiration down into your DAW. You might have one aggressive saw, one piano/e piano, one woodwind, one searing lead, and one mid-lead. Then do the same thing for bass sounds, and pads. You should be good to go with something that will fit in for the occasion till you get your idea down. Then when you are twiddling with your sounds, switch to init preset and shape your sound from there.

Just a thought.

[quote]howiegroove (20/04/2010)[hr][quote]raymondsar (20/04/2010)[hr]I seem to make the best songs in the world in my head, but once I sit in front of the computer, its all lost on trying to find the right plug for the sounds. Then I usually lose the whole flow of the project and abandon. I wish there was a way to just transport what’s in your brain without having to put program anything…

Raymond[/quote]

Hey Ray,

Here is something that helps me out. When I have a strike of “brilliance” or whatever on a note sequence, I will just fire up a preset or init preset and sequence in my pattern. Then, when I have problems with ideas, I will start tinkering sounds for that specific pattern.

Something else to do, is to go in and pick 5 favorite presets. These can be your go to presets when you are trying to get your inspiration down into your DAW. You might have one aggressive saw, one piano/e piano, one woodwind, one searing lead, and one mid-lead. Then do the same thing for bass sounds, and pads. You should be good to go with something that will fit in for the occasion till you get your idea down. Then when you are twiddling with your sounds, switch to init preset and shape your sound from there.

Just a thought.[/quote]

I know a guy that use to create a complete track using the GM sounds and then create the sounds to fit what he had in mind once it was down.

A while back I watched someone perform enclosed within a circle of the most jaw dropping number of synths, keyboards, computers, monitors and speakers that would have put Orbital to shame. Half way through the set something jammed somewhere and a transitional loop he was playing got stuck on repeat. And repeat. And repeat. After five minutes of an increasingly desperate search, I’ll never forget the look of resignation he gave to the sound engineer behind the mixer as he shrugged his shoulders in defeat. The poor guy had to be faded out and unplugged.

The next act up took with him one pink and one blue Korg Electribe box, with nothing else. He blew the place away.

Simplicity is key. :slight_smile:

i think i was reading this on computer magazine in how to work your ideas. i think they were saying that you can hum on the Microphone and then use the Pitch correct plug in to give a form to your recorded sound. i never tried because i dont have the full Cubase version but if you do have cubase 5 maybe try to experiment . who knows :hehe:

[quote]alinenunez (20/04/2010)[hr]i think i was reading this on computer magazine in how to work your ideas. i think they were saying that you can hum on the Microphone and then use the Pitch correct plug in to give a form to your recorded sound. i never tried because i dont have the full Cubase version but if you do have cubase5 maybe try to experiment . who knows :hehe:[/quote]

Interesting idea, but I have difficulty humming Gabba :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]slender (20/04/2010)[hr][quote]alinenunez (20/04/2010)[hr]i think i was reading this on computer magazine in how to work your ideas. i think they were saying that you can hum on the Microphone and then use the Pitch correct plug in to give a form to your recorded sound. i never tried because i dont have the full Cubase version but if you do have cubase5 maybe try to experiment . who knows :hehe:[/quote]

Interesting idea, but I have difficulty humming Gabba :P[/quote]

heheh . well i forgot mention that you can export it in a midi sequence.

Try telling ritchie hawtin he’s got to much technology. But I do think that making the most of what you have is a good thing, but that is old school