Track Feedback

I’m never sure whether this is the best place to post a track for feedback but anyways I think I’m starting to come to grips with my own personal style and I thought I’d throw up a tune to show the direction I’m headed in, but also ask for some constructive criticism. I feel like my drums are finally sounding properly processed, and everything else I’ve been working on is starting to come together… Here it is before the mastering process but I just wanna know what you guys think with regards to all the sounds and levels and all that jazzbr
br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F84789483%3Fsecret_token%3Ds-py0wBshow_artwork=truesecret_url=true”/iframe

At 1:30 you bring in a low bass rumbling burst. This is still there when the kick kicks back in. You should consider some sidechain compression on that bass. And some low cutoff as well. Cause they seem to interfer with eachother.

As always, thanks for listening and giving some feedback. I held back on a lot of the effects (compressors especially) just because my CPU for some reason has been spiking really hard so I’ll make sure I turn it back on next time I output the audio, and I’ll throw on some filter cutoff for sure

Drums sound excellent!! br
br
the first sort of acidy sound that comes in sounds a bit uninspired… it should be either adding groove or adding interest with some modern sounding vibe… just a bit oldskool. At these parts i like to have a fast bleepy thing (outcode pluck in ANA) adding a fast percussive sound… it can help with Mix transitions from other tracks too.br
br
The Whole Track from start to finish has bass… you aren’t letting any sections really breath… Dynamic range is what adds emotion… try cutting in (hi pass filter or EQ) to the bass in parts that aren’t actually bass. Create more of a spectral difference between your break and your driving sections.br
br
Building up with the bass parts is never really a good idea… In a club bringing the bass back in is the main event… if you are just building it up you are missing out on that magic moment. do a “No bass - all the bass” tried and tested crowd pleaser.br
br
br
br