Track Feedback

Hi,br
br
I have been using the Sonic Academy Tutorials as a basis to create this track. It would be great if you could give me some feedback?br
br
https://soundcloud.com/djlinskybr
br
Thanksbr
br
Mark

br
Really, really nice track - very well made :slight_smile: The musicality of it is wonderful, and the bass, the rhythm, the structure all works really well. I like the chords, too, though the main riff is a bit too repeatative for my taste.br
br
Few things don’t sit quite right for me personally though, the first being the offhat. Tonally, it really doesn’t fit with the rest of the track, especially when it first comes in. Too many mids, perhaps, and a little dry? br
br
Also, that main theme that comes in during the break down… The lows are really nice, but the top is a little thin, in my opinion. The highest notes sound almost like an acoustic guitar rather than a grand piano, I think. Although, when playing in the mix after the drop back in it does sit really nicely in the mix. The doubled up off hats sit well too, but at 5:30 you fall back to that tinny straight (909?) and it stands out a mile. It also has a bit of a bounce which makes it sound slightly out of time, or rushed. Now I’m being hyper-critical though, so don’t take that too seriously lol. :Dbr
br
Great track :)br
br

The Bass isnt really coming through for me. I think you need something more prominent to carry the chords.br
br
There also seems like a lot of Pad action in the middle freqs… lots of held chords. I think there is a bit of sidechaining on there but you could have more.br
br
Id also like to feel a bit more grove with the riff. everything is just on the beat. I do like that sound though.br
br

Agree with phil on the bass, I can hear it in the intro and outro but it’s completely lost in the main section, something else is masking it. br
br
Love the main arp though, nice tune.

Hi Guys,br
br
Thanks for all the constructive feedback. I really appreciate it. :slight_smile: