Track feedback

Hi, Im new here and this is my first post, so…Hi to everyone and I hope you are all doing good. I am interested in any feedback on my track, good, bad, or indifferent, I don’t mid. It all helps.

Thanks

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/stevedixonmusic/yorokobi

Hi there Steve,

This a very enjoyable track actually, some “deadmau-ish” feel but with a personal touch, was just expected a more pronounced break ( with less percussive elements ), but at the same time it keeps the flow & energy of the all track.

Good work on the levels & mix as well, pay attention to your hi frequencies, if they hit a limiter on your master channel they are driving it, I’m missing some lo-end in the track.

But again, nice work & cool positive vibe track :wink:

Hope that helps !

Hi, thanks for the feedback, i was also thinking it could do with a bit more on the bottom end and your comment confirms that for me. Cheers!

Steve

1 Like

Yep definitely, in this genre you need the mid-range frequencies to pop-up out of the mix, but need to be careful with the very high end. Filtering with EQ and using Mid/Side EQ-ing can help with that.

Check some of the Protoculture tuts if you haven’t done yet, they are brilliant IMO :wink:

Will do. Thanks

Steve

1 Like

Nice uplifting track that…A lot going on but all sounds brilliant together

Thanks for listening.

Steve

1 Like