Track on track

Hey peeps,br
br
Here is a new track of mine,br
br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F82361041%3Fsecret_token%3Ds-VlC8A”/iframebr
br
Can you guys tell me what you think of it?br
br
Thanks in advance!

I think similar comments to the last one… love the driving sections but not getting the melodic bits.br
br
Could you post me a few examples of the type of tracks you are listening tooo so i could maybe give you a few pointers with melodies etc.br
br
Please also dont do any mastering when you post stuff up… it can be hard to tell whats happening in the mix.

Thanks for your time Phil,br
br
Here are some tracks i think are awesome:Dbr
br
[url]Fedde Le Grand - RAW (Original Mix) - YouTube
br
[url]- YouTube
br
[url]Nicky Romero - Symphonica (Orignal Mix) - YouTube
br
And my absolute favorite of the moment :br
br
[url]- YouTube
br
The last one gives me goosebumbs! it just sounds so good, that’s the kinda tracks i want to make but… doesn’t come close:crazy:

hey Phil,br
br
Do you get where i want to go with my tracks?;)br
br
Hints will be welcome how to get it a more like my examples! :smiley:

Hey Phil,br
br
Have you any ideas allready?br
I cant find that kinda style here in the tuts…

This stuff is an evolution of the Dutch House stuff… there is a lot of stuff on riffs melodys in the Main room house and the dutch house tuts.br
br
also the gigi barocco course has a similar sound too.br
br
I think you just need more repetitive rhythms… you need 4 bars with changes every bar for the bass and chords then just try to get a repetitive melody over the top.

okay thanks Phil for your time!br
Much appreciated, i will look them again:w00t:br
br
Also i find it very hard to go from this melodic kinda breaks to this phat hard rocking part with that analog kinda synth that really pumps, somehow when i do it it sounds always like it are 2 different tracks, do you have some advice for that?

a lot of tracks out there do just basically switch sections… initially it can sound too jarring but in the moment in the club it seems to work.

My only complaints in this track are exactly what Phil said about the melodic parts and the 1/8 note hats hitting at 1:52. Maybe it’s just my ears, but they seem a tad harsh or loud in the mix. Try toning the harshness down a bit on the cymbals. That being said, they cover up that massive, distorted, driving bass you have starting at 1:45! Love it!

[quote]phil johnston (15/03/2013)[hr]a lot of tracks out there do just basically switch sections… initially it can sound too jarring but in the moment in the club it seems to work.[/quote]br
like Tiestos remix of Zedds - Clarity. Although Tiesto is a master at getting the crowd going. So i guess it could work if you do it the right way.br
I feel it doesn’t really sound good especially if it is an original mix then it should sound like every part fits together. br
I guess a remix could be alot diffrent.

Thanks guys for the feedback, i took it in the track iam working on now!br
br
Sounds allready better i think!br
What’s your opinion about it?br
br
https://soundcloud.com/jeanbatidas/jean-batidas-fringe/s-Nlt6R