Traktor Pro Noob question

Currently using Kontrol S4 with Macbook Pro and itunes. I am having difficulty getting Traktor to load all my music on the MBP. It recognizes some but not all. Additionally, I find that I have several duplicates of each song in the Traktor library. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I guess the reason that some tracks won’t load is because you have purchased them from iTunes before they went DRM free. So the files are DRM locked and won’t play Traktor.

As for duplicates, I am not sure. A first step would be to check the properties of the duplicate files and see if they are both pointing at the same physical file.

One thing to keep in mind is the music bought from iTunes isn’t very good quality. The old format was 128kbps, I think all of the files are now 256kbps, which is much better but still not great. These are fine for playing in your house, or at parties etc, but not very good if you move to bigger systems in clubs etc.

[quote]TheAnt (06/09/2011)[hr]I guess the reason that some tracks won’t load is because you have purchased them from iTunes before they went DRM free. So the files are DRM locked and won’t play Traktor.

As for duplicates, I am not sure.A first step would be tocheck the properties of the duplicate files and see if they are both pointing at the same physical file.

One thing to keep in mind is the music bought from iTunes isn’t very good quality. The old format was 128kbps, I think all of the files are now 256kbps, which is much better but still not great. These are fine for playing in your house, or at parties etc, but not very good if you move to bigger systems in clubs etc.[/quote]

that is some BS. fore real

[quote]alinenunez (07/09/2011)[hr][quote]TheAnt (06/09/2011)[hr]I guess the reason that some tracks won’t load is because you have purchased them from iTunes before they went DRM free. So the files are DRM locked and won’t play Traktor.

As for duplicates, I am not sure.A first step would be tocheck the properties of the duplicate files and see if they are both pointing at the same physical file.

One thing to keep in mind is the music bought from iTunes isn’t very good quality. The old format was 128kbps, I think all of the files are now 256kbps, which is much better but still not great. These are fine for playing in your house, or at parties etc, but not very good if you move to bigger systems in clubs etc.[/quote]

that is some BS. fore real
[/quote]

LOL Well, I am glad I went to the effort of trying to help. This isn’t very constructive, do you care to elaborate?