Traktor users... stop me going mad

Got my Kontrol S4 today and so far pretty darn pleased with it.

I have a problem when I get new toys though that I can’t rest until I have them set up just right, and one thing in Traktor is really bugging me.

I’ve been up since half 5 this morning so I might be missing something obvious, but how can I set a folder of my choice as the default view for the browser?

I have playlists, iTunes integration, and favorites, but no clear option to ‘Set Folder as default’. Seems like such an obvious thing to me.

I can probably do something hacky to work round it, and to be fair the controls for browsing are easy enough, but part of the point of me getting the S4 was it’s ‘native’ support.

I don’t want to have to touch the computer, that’s why I have the controller, and I just bloomin want a random folder set as the default, it must be simple, but the manual, forums and even the vids on here don’t seem to have the info I am after.

I MUST be missing something…?

No advice for you Buddy - But best of luck with it. Looks cool! :smiley:

Hi,

I don’t know if you can do this. It always opens in the Track Collection view, which has all the tracks you have addded to Traktor.

The way I get around this is by setting up favourite playlists (the folders above the track list view) and use the controller to move betweeen these folders.

I use the preperation folder as well, I have a button on my controller set up to add the this playlist so if I find someting that I want to play in a couple of tracks time I can put it there, much like pulling the corner of a record out of your bag.

If you find away to change the default folder I would be interested to know

my traktor alway open on the last prep list I had open… maybe use that… just an idea, could be a useless one!

Will check it out. I’m sure I’ll get used to how it works, and it wont be a problem.

I’m mildly obsessive about these things sometimes. I’d been messing with it all day (while I shoulda been doing something else) and trying to learn everything at once.

Its my first venture into DJ software, and all those people who think it’s easy are wrong. Well no, it is easy if you just want to mash the sync button, but there is so much potential with this S4 its mind blowing.

It’s totally re-ignited my interest in DJing, am going to sell my CDJ900!

Just a shame you have to be tethered to a computer.

[quote]bangthedj (04/11/2010)[hr]Will check it out. I’m sure I’ll get used to how it works, and it wont be a problem.

I’m mildly obsessive about these things sometimes. I’d been messing with it all day (while I shoulda been doing something else) and trying to learn everything at once.

Its my first venture into DJ software, and all those people who think it’s easy are wrong. Well no, it is easy if you just want to mash the sync button, but there is so much potential with this S4 its mind blowing.

It’s totally re-ignited my interest in DJing, am going to sell my CDJ900!

Just a shame you have to be tethered to a computer.[/quote]

Yeah trakor is great, I use the X1 so I dont need to be near my laptop and yeah there is a lot to it the hitting sync! :slight_smile:

I use the playlist hot keys mostly.

This thread gave me an idea to make a thread for Traktor users to share ideas on how to ‘be more interesting’

Check it out

[url=http://forums.sonicacademy.com/Topic41315-8-1.aspx]http://forums.sonicacademy.com/Topic41315-8-1.aspx[/url]