Traktor Users Tips and Tricks (How to be an interesting DJ)

How do you punks go about recording your mixes with an external mixer??

I use the record out on my mixer into one of the spare inputs in my Audio 8 (Channel D).

Then in the Recording menu set to external and Channel D and use the built in record function in Traktor. It records everything coming from the mixer.

Oh yeah, I’ve got a friend that doesn’t have spare inputs in his audio interface he uses with Traktor so he has to use another Audio interface and Soundforge to record the mixes, you can only use one interface in Traktor. It isn’t as neat a solution but it works fine.

Yeah I’ve been yang your second suggestion but have some issues like noise etc. Really need to do it your way though! Thanks for that mate

Yeah, you are asking a lot more of you computer adding a second interface and running another program.

One thing that really helped me set my PC laptop up for Traktor is DPC Latency checker:

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

I was having problems with cpu spikes causing artifacts on my mixes, using this program and disabling in device manager things I didn’t need to have running I fixed this problem. It is just an executable and it has a graph that shows the latency of you PC. With my laptop taking the battery out and turning off wifi sorted most things out.

just got a new laptop!

all my tracks had the beatgrids done in traktor on my pc!

can i transfer all those tracks with beatgrids to my laptop?? or do i have to do all the grids again :confused:

Hey,

If you copy over the Traktor settings folder (it is usually in your my documents on a PC) you won’t need to do any of that stuff.

You should install Traktor and upgrade using service center first, then copy over the music files and the My documents\traktor\ (or whatever it is) from your other PC, then run Traktor. If I remember right it then gives you a choice if you want to use the existing database.

I did this a while ago, and I remember that I got something wrong the first time and had to uninstall and reinstall, but then it worked. It might have been that I didn’t do the upgrade, so it didn’t recognise the new version of the collection database.

Good luck :slight_smile:

you are the traktor king my friend :slight_smile:

can anyone help me?

im getting serious pops clicks crackle and traktor is stopping momentarily

ive changed the audio setting,latency, buffer size etc but no joy, even installed “gamebooster” to save cpu ,but i dont think that is the problem

has anyone got any ideas??

I had problems like this, have you tried the latency checker I mentioned above?

[quote]TheAnt (24/11/2010)[hr]I had problems like this, have you tried the latency checker I mentioned above?[/quote]

hi yeah ive used the latency checker and disabled wifi and loads of other stuff also taken the battery out and it is still happening…

I feel your pain, this can be really frustrating. What numbers are you getting from the latency checker? Is it going into the red? Does it always happen or is it when you are key locked (this uses a lot of cpu) or when you are using effects?

Have you run msconfig

start - run - msconfig

click on startup and look un-tick as many startup programs as you can

Then click services and tick Hide all microsoft and untick any you think you don’t need, you can always reactivte them later.

I would untick everything that isn’t related to Traktor or Microsoft (so don’t untick your audio interface service) then restart and see how it works.

Let me know how you get on.

[quote]TheAnt (24/11/2010)[hr]I feel your pain, this can be really frustrating. What numbers are you getting from the latency checker? Is it going into the red? Does it always happen or is it when you are key locked (this uses a lot of cpu) or when you are using effects?

Have you run msconfig

start - run - msconfig

click on startup and look un-tick as many startup programs as you can

Then click services and tick Hide all microsoft and untick any you think you don’t need, you can always reactivte them later.

I would untick everything that isn’t related to Traktor or Microsoft (so don’t untick your audio interface service) then restart and see how it works.

Let me know how you get on.[/quote]

ive been through all that stuff and all over different forums. seems like this is a very common problem. im running vista thinking of trying xp, i have an old copy somewhere just cant find it

the latency doesnt go into the red any more just the yellow

:angry:this is shocking native intruments should be ashamed

I unistalled Vista and installed XP on my Traktor laptop. I tried W7 and that didn’t work well either. I think if you have done all that, it is your only choice.

My first post lol…anyway now that I got my s4 working right…I love it! Working 2 clubs and I have so much fun with it…I feel like I did when I got into DJing 23 years ago…Anyway the bottom line for me making it work was changing laptops…I bought a Sony i7 intel Processor…all the bells and whistles…Could not get the s4 to work to save my life…Called native a bunch of times…took all of their advice…read through so many different forums…still would not work…Kept getting all the pops and the s4 would lock up…Went out and bought what I’ve wanted for a long time…hooked it up to the new laptop…runs flawlessly! Not one problem…nothing! :slight_smile: Go ahead and take a guess at what laptop I bought :wink: I use to be kind of a hater, not anymore! Peace

The new Mac book air?

Welcome to the boards!

A Mac yes…but just a regular old macbook lol…The $1000 kind…that I got for $900 because of a good black Friday deal…I love it! I am putting more memory in though…going to 4g’s…Again not one problem like I had on my PC…Stupid windows crap!

Peace

Just started using T. :slight_smile: Bought the X1 other day so waiting for it to pop in the door… How do you go about exporting your track list guys ?

Hi was thinking in getting a vestax typhoon or spin controller but can you scratch in traktor duo with the controller or do i need to upgrade traktor  :w00t:

right so i have a midi contoller for traktor already (bcd3000)

have it mapped out nicely but wanted a few more knobs and faders to mess with

got a Korg nanokontrol today

so i mapped the first slider on the nano to Volume fader Deck C

except it also moves volume fader on deck B which is already assigned to the fader on my other controller

it seems thew 2 sliders are producing the same Midi value / instruction

anyone know how i can get round this?