Traktor Users Tips and Tricks (How to be an interesting DJ)

basically its doublin up on nearly all the controls

dont wanna have to use modifiers for everything

Korg kontrol editor seems to allow me to change the CC value of each fader etc but traktor still picks it up as CC#2 not CC#50 as the editor tells me it is changed to

this is very irritating !!

duh !!! just had to maove to scene 2 on the nano

:pinch: :blush:

[quote]Mussi81 (24/11/2010)[hr]can anyone help me?

im getting serious pops clicks crackle and traktor is stopping momentarily

ive changed the audio setting,latency, buffer size etc but no joy, even installed “gamebooster” to save cpu ,but i dont think that is the problem

has anyone got any ideas??[/quote]

had the same problem and it finally stopped when I upgraded the RAM on the laptop

[quote]chekka (11/12/2010)[hr]duh !!! just had to maove to scene 2 on the nano

:pinch: :blush:[/quote]

The Korg controllers come preloaded in most software. Another thing you can do if your not actually using the other faders its controlling, is dump all the midi and relearn the values to what you want to use. Then you wont have any surprise double ups and whatnot…

He people,

I bought myself an S4 the other week and i love it… After dj with vinyl for almost 2 decades i’m glad to find a digital solution that satisfied my needs. I tried ableton with an apc40 which was cool but didn’t give me that djing feel…

I have a question though how to set the default values of the effects in chain mode, somehow it always jumps back to other values which i don’t find suiting. Any tips on this?

[quote]wouterdewitte (31/01/2011)[hr]He people,

I bought myself an S4 the other week and i love it… After dj with vinyl for almost 2 decades i’m glad to find a digital solution that satisfied my needs. I tried ableton with an apc40 which was cool but didn’t give me that djing feel…

I have a question though how to set the default values of the effects in chain mode, somehow it always jumps back to other values which i don’t find suiting. Any tips on this?
[/quote]

I am not sure it is the same on the S4 version, but in TS Pro there is a picture of a camera on each of the effects that will when clicked will save it as default.

In S4 it is a small disc icon under the effect unit number (ie 1 or 2)

yes this is what i figured out myself but it didn’t work for me in chain mode, it did in single mode. Perhaps i was a bit to stoned and i will try again now when i haven’t smoked :slight_smile:

How do you guys do your beat grids when you have odd drum patterns and weird bpms and traktor doesn’t really know where the **** the beat is?

[quote]Mussi81 (20/02/2011)[hr]How do you guys do your beat grids when you have odd drum patterns and weird bpms and traktor doesn’t really know where the **** the beat is?

[/quote]

It’s pretty tedious… Normally I would set maybe 2 beatgrid markers in the intro and another couple in the outro… If the middle section is out of sync an I’m not gonna be mixing in that section it’s no biggy.

For the amount of effort you would put into beatgridding a whole track with dodgey bpm I’d recommend firing the track into ableton and just match it to a beat or click track and just have a version of that track with a constant bpm to use in traktor.

Man I can’t wait to have some flow coming in… I only have Traktor LE which came with my X1, right before the ole finances went south! Can’t do anything in LE except tool around and it’s driving me mad!!!

Trade someone a smile and wink for a Traktor Pro license… :smiley: :wink: :cool:

LOOPS LOOPS LOOPS!

Noobie here. I didnt read the whole thread.

Tip; Loop! I got traktor strictly because of its 4 decks and EFXs.

Practice with just doing a 4 bar loop with 3 random tracks and parts. Then add efxs, kill the bass on 2 tracks…then have fun! Just let them loop around until you tune them to perfection. Use the 4th deck to introduce mix in new tracks. By the time you know it, youll have your own unique loop.

Once you feel comfortable, try this technique on the fly/in a live session.

Ill normally have a good loop going that hangs in the background. Keeps my transitions smooth. It also can add different feels to your entire set/tracks. Use a reverb/freeze to get them in and out of breakdowns.

Cool thread guys and girls if there were any

Any other tips

[quote]How do you guys do your beat grids when you have odd drum patterns and weird bpms and traktor doesn’t really know where the **** the beat is?br
[/quote]br
br
Hi.br
Best advice, use a snare as you place the first beatgrid marker, it’s easier for Traktor to identify the peak in bass heavy tunes.