Trance arps

can i grab some advice from more experienced trance producers please./PPmy arps are not working for me.nbsp; they sound too slow in the track.nbsp; i got them very short on the midi and my synth is set stabby./PPi create movement in them with some phaser, just a little…/PPi have a small amount of tape delay on them with some echo but they still are not hitting the spot./PPcheers in advance/PPjulian

personally i think Chris A. gives a great tutorial on a dream arp in his trance in logic. he uses three du tuned sines waves in the higher octave with some short decay and some release.br
br
when starting an arp i would take the effects off. first get the midi sounding quick before adding delay or a phaser. set your piano roll to half bar or even 1/4 bar and let it loop fast when adding notes in the chord. br
br
delay or any effects will just make it sound better. some times effects can mess with your head if it’s in the creating process. start with nothing and then build. ;)br
br
good trance arps to me are just quick notes in the back ground in the higher octaves. loop up three notes in a triad and experiment. maybe play around with some presets and then dial it in.br
br
trance is my thing. hope it helps even if it’s a little. :smiley:

[quote]willidaniel (26/04/2014)[hr]br
br
good trance arps to me are just quick notes in the back ground in the higher octaves. br
br
trance is my thing. hope it helps even if it’s a little. :D[/quote]br
br
Willidaniel, just in this small sentence the penny has dropped. I now know I was playing them in the wrong octaves (C2-C4 for example) and now I have moved them to (C4-C6) and they are now breathing energy in to the track, sounding sharps and quicker.br
Thank you for the advice.br
br
I love trance, have done for years…Of course Im not into it like I was when I was a little younger with the whole clubbing side of things and the trancing experienced while clubbing ;), but there is just something about it!br
Julian

glad it helped. br
br
~Trance~br
br
yeah i’m hooked for life :w00t: