[Trance] Flying - Searching mixing feedback

Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice one :sunglasses:

About Mixing :

• Definitely works well in stereo, clarity for all elements, more dynamic in this one ( LUFS at -8 max peaks. So competitive with a club track but not excessive ).

• You can crush the volume knob, even on headphones and it won’t distort or sound harsh, good point.

Suggestions :

• You send a lot of those pads & synths to reverb and stereo, if you’re concerned about Mono compatibility, then you might want to use Filter / Compressor before the reverb and watch your sends amount. At the moment if you switch to Mono listening, those synths collapse and get burried in the background.

• It also creates some phase cancellation issues ( which is normal when spreading to stereo ) I can hear a difference when reverting phase during listening, so just something to be aware of.

Other than this, good job with mixing IMO :+1:

Cheers ! :sunglasses:

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, there is always something to do. Never finish. I am going crazy. :smiley:

1 Like

Mixing-Update. Pads should be more mono-compatible now. Thanks again for the hint.

You might want to update the SoundCloud link in your 1st post :wink:

Unfortunately, I can’t edit the first post. So, here comes the link:

https://soundcloud.com/euphoric-feel/flying

1 Like

Edit your 1st post and updated the link for you :wink:

Yes, it’s transalating much better in Mono now :+1:

Also addressing phasing issues BTW.

Cheers :sunglasses:

Thank you. Now, I only have to find a label which is willing to release my track.

1 Like

Those Courses might be helpful :wink:

Beginner’s Guide to The Music Industry

How To Set Up A Release Plan