Trance today is pretty dissapointing

I think this post is about 10 years later isn’t it? Last time I checked trance died in the early 00’s :stuck_out_tongue:

If trance is dead then why is the dj top ten consistantly full of trance dj’s?

[quote]jjdejong0 (15/09/2011)[hr]If trance is dead then why is the dj top ten consistantly full of trance dj’s?[/quote]

Because it’s mainstream fools that spend their time voting for things thinking that they’re doing something cool, when the cool things are just cool and don’t need votes to be cool.

[quote]saulable (15/09/2011)[hr][quote]jjdejong0 (15/09/2011)[hr]If trance is dead then why is the dj top ten consistantly full of trance dj’s?[/quote]

Because it’s mainstream fools that spend their time voting for things thinking that they’re doing something cool, when the cool things are just cool and don’t need votes to be cool.[/quote]

+1 :smiley:

Wether you agree with it or not you answered your own question. How can a genre thats dead be commercially succesfull?

[quote]jjdejong0 (15/09/2011)[hr]Wether you agree with it or not you answered your own question. How can a genre thats dead be commercially succesfull?[/quote]

Because being commercially successful doesn’t mean it’s going anywhere artistically. It just sells, it’s familiar. People like familiarity.

Yeah but surely a genre cant be classed as dead based solely on the artistic movement within a genre. I thought a genre was dead when nobody listens to it, see my sig for examples…

My Gut tells me that Guetta takes #1 this year. I’ll put money on it if anybody’s takin bets.

I actually spoke to a guy from one of the head sponsors of DJ mag and he said its very unlikely armin will win again.

Guetta was on Radio One the other morning. He seems like a really really nice guy. Took the pi55 out of himself and had a laugh when Moyles was mocking all his songs sounding the same - like a lorry backing up “beep, beep, beep, beep.”

He did say that he was checking the US Billboard dance charts the other day and he had 38 singles in the Top 100. Jesus, that’s nearly 40% of the charts. Fair play to him.

I think Guetta is doiny a lot for dance music. Its a shame cos I always thought he was a cool guy but I read some stuff that was a bit iffy. Aparantly he wanted I think it was Joachim Garraud to pretty much give up his musical production career and do nothing but make tracks for Guetta and work on David Guetta the product full time.

Guetta is wrong. He’s is a sellout. And he’s not doing any good for the scene. Someone should stick me on the front of a cd and let someone else produce my tracks, great:D he was doing a better job 10 years ago IMO

Luck of the french.

[quote]jjdejong0 (16/09/2011)[hr]I think Guetta is doiny a lot for dance music. Its a shame cos I always thought he was a cool guy but I read some stuff that was a bit iffy. Aparantly he wanted I think it was Joachim Garraud to pretty much give up his musical production career and do nothing but make tracks for Guetta and work on David Guetta the product full time.[/quote]

wow that is crazy . Joachim is such a great producer . sucks that sometimes is all about the money .

Aly & Fila have an excellent FSOE podcast of nothing but uplifting so I wouldn’t say it is dead at all. Sean Tyas has a pretty good podcast as well

its getting all electroyy though…i dont like where trance is going.

the rolling bass line has some how disappeared in the trance today. the energy has turned into mostly progressive trance which is not bad at times but can some times be a little boring IMO :unsure:

Exactly!!!

Trance just isnt trance nemore, bt tbh i dont think trance is really alive anymore. Think about it, sensation white is now all house and even trance energy has dissapeared and is now just energy, which is more Housy as well…

I have moved on tbh…

I think trance has always been disappointing.

Its cool to see more people thinking that its a load of sh!te.

[quote]ICN (30/11/2011)[hr]I think trance has always been disappointing.

Its cool to see more people thinking that its a load of sh!te.[/quote]

LOL

I think there are great songs in all of the dance genres including trance.  But digging through the sh!te to get to em is the problem.  :smiley: