Transient Designer

As above, WTF is a Transient Designer?

Eevery bit of audio has a transient, its like the peak of the audio. A transient designer, like for example the SPL Transient designer lets you enhance/or reduce the transient. So for example you have a kick but you feel its lacking punch, you can add a transient designer and enhance the part where the kick hits in…

If that makes sense, its basically in laymans terms something that can help enhance the attack of a sound… or reduce it…

I know that a trasient is…

So its a compressor?

Edit:

Well its not or it would be called one… does to have anything to do with vol levels like a compressor or is it totally not like one at all?

A transient designer roams the world looking for rooms and people to make over. :smiley:

No its not i dont think, it just adjusts the start time i think… Im not sure really how exactly it works but basically it controls the attack of the audio…

[quote]gofunk (17/03/2011)[hr]

So its a compressor?

[/quote]

In short, it is. A transient designer is used for a few reasons, and acts as a compressor that specializes in making the “click” or the attack of the sound (aka transient) stand out. Try using it on a snare and you will see it in action

[quote]jonsloan (17/03/2011)[hr]A transient designer roams the world looking for rooms and people to make over. :smiley:

[/quote]

LOL - Doesnt spend too long in one place either…

It is effectively a compressor.  Just with more simple controls