Trentmoller (Moan/Dirty Electro) Bassline

Hi Sonic Academy,

I posted this in the tutorial section, but I deleted that thread and moved it here (I think that was the right thing too do). I was wondering if you guys could teach me how to replicate the infamous bassline that comes during the climax of the song “Moan” by trentmoller.

Here is a link to what I am talking about. The bass kicks in at about 3:36.

- YouTube

He also uses it in his remix of Roysksops “What Else is There” at about 1:30

Royksopp - What Else Is There (Trentemoller Remix) - YouTube

Man, if I could replicate that sound that would be a major weapon in my arsenal.

[quote]juloxx (13/09/2011)[hr]Hi Sonic Academy,

I posted this in the tutorial section, but I deleted that thread and moved it here (I think that was the right thing too do). I was wondering if you guys could teach me how to replicate the infamous bassline that comes during the climax of the song “Moan” by trentmoller.

- YouTube

Man, if I could replicate that sound that would be a major weapon in my arsenal.[/quote]

its a saw bass with filter & phaser effects to my ear

[quote]bryan spence (18/09/2011)[hr][quote]juloxx (13/09/2011)[hr]Hi Sonic Academy,

- YouTube

Man, if I could replicate that sound that would be a major weapon in my arsenal.[/quote]

its a saw bass with filter & phaser effects to my ear[/quote]

try a single saw wave and messing about with phaser and cutoff frequency on maybe Notch filter see if that gets close